Scoop?

The scoops won't help your idle temp problem at all. If you're going for aesthetics, mock up some cardboard scoops and see what you like. Then make them out of some sheet metal.

Please do not F up that beautiful car...
fury-iii-edit-jpg.88593

Like sayd before, scoops dont fix that problem. If its even a problem.
Raising back end of hood may help some, but when driving its overpressure area and may cause problems.
Dont ruin that car with scoops.

I like the Louvre option myself. My father n law had a 68' Mercy Cougar with 428 in it. The 428 was worked and got super hot in the summer...took the hood to a machine/metal working shop and them punch louvres or small "slits" along the middle of the hood crease on each side. Although it made it difference, it wasn't dramatic...but it didn't trash the hood aesthetics either.

If you want to go with a big *** scoop, go ahead. Its your car...but ya better be prepared to take loads of flack from the purists.

You people do realize a hood unbolts right? Buy another hood do what you want, put the flat hood on when you want to change it back. I do not think a scoop will solve issues and a 6pack or Hemi SS scoop is way overkill.

There is no magical cure for overheating. It's a logical process to return everything to work theway it was designed. Unfortunately, most people don't have the capability to understand this. If you fix everything from A-Z, ( the only way AFAIAC), your problem goes away.

I use this moment to pat myself on the back, thank you very much:
When I bought this car, it always overheated. Yesterday, I stopped to talk to someone. 92°. Mid afternoon. Sun blazing. A/C running. After ten minutes of idling, I glanced at the temp. guage. ~185°.

Hood scoop... :BangHead:

You people do realize a hood unbolts right? Buy another hood do what you want, put the flat hood on when you want to change it back. I do not think a scoop will solve issues and a 6pack or Hemi SS scoop is way overkill.
The issue is filling the holes when you decide the scoop is just too fugly. The big flat panels don't lend themselves to being welded up without warping the panel. It can be done, but it's not the average bodyman doing the welding.

I think the car in the first pic looks pretty good and as said already it's bolt on / off. I doubt a spare hood would cost a fortune.

I also recall 72 Monaco that had a shaker grafted in and it's really cool and well done. A 70 or 71 B body air grabber wold also be cool if you can get it to work with the natural lines on the fury hood.

72monaco-5.png

A hood modification is just wrong. I don't know what mods have been performed, but like Stan says. Fix it right and the problem goes away.

A hood modification is just wrong. I don't know what mods have been performed, but like Stan says. Fix it right and the problem goes away.

I'll agree to disagree Will :) I can see easily see your point on the 69 6 Pack hood as that's a preference thing but that Monaco shaker looks great ... although a shaker would be a pain in the *** for working on the car.

If you instal scoop, get spare hood and install it on that. Not to original hood, easier to convert back if dont like scoop.
Scoop/bulge on New Yorker :)
13914156_1088219401268143_6639796907898435530_o.jpg

I am looking to get some more air into the Engine compartment and to vent some hot air out when idling. I am not too thrilled with a scoop but what other way would there be? Anything more subtl?
The next person that tries once again for the umpteenth time to suggest a suitable hood scoop...
18.gif

Back