Scoop?

Remember when Stan tried telling everyone he had a bad thermostat, and it ended up being a problem with some of his air dams not being installed properly?:poke:
OP you might want to check your hood seals etc. It won't help anything at a dead stop but once you start moving it will.
Some cars don't cool well, some do. My Fury has zero hood seals, no shroud, and a little 4 blade fan. I drive the piss out of it, never goes over 190, even in the floriduh heat.

ebay55930-jpg.88569

LIKE!!!

If I would do a scoop, it needs to flow with the lines of the car. However, I do like the look of the sixpack scoop afterall.

IR thermometer in hand?
Engine caustic flushed?
Heater core clogged?
New water pump?
New fan clutch?
New thermostat and gasket?
New heater hoses?
New radiator hoses.
New radiator?
New radiator cap?
New fan belt(s)?
Hood to radiator support seal in place?
All air dams in place?
Shroud in place?
Timing set on engine?

PicsArt_08-14-06.48.01.jpg

I'm outta here.

I give up, those of you trying to sell Fury hoods just scrap them because everyone is to keep their stock flat hood and will not be needing them, as per establishment rules.

I give up, those of you trying to sell Fury hoods just scrap them because everyone is to keep their stock flat hood and will not be needing them, as per establishment rules.
It's your car... Do what you like...
I had originally thought the concern was to get rid of heat under load... if modified, I could see this being a concern.
I too do not believe a scoop will solve the problem of overheating.
If you just want the silly thing, cool, wonderful... but not for something it can't accomplish.
Will it hurt the looks of his car? IMO YES... but I don't count and with a donor hood, totally reversible.

How in the fuch is a hood scoop is going to make your idle temp drop????

OK... buy a new hood. Make a hood scoop. It'll look amazing... and your idle temp will drop 20 degrees.
Happy Bryan?

Wow. Sorry that got so out of hand. My theory was just that heat rises, and when you got a scoop on with holes in the hood, heat flows out of it when standing still and this would be supported by the fan. It also would have the benefit of pushing cooler air in when driving. Like I mentioned before, i would rathner accomplish this a different way but honestly, I think that the sixpack scoop does not look too bad.

IR thermometer in hand? NO
Engine caustic flushed? YES
Heater core clogged? NO
New water pump? YES
New fan clutch? ELECTRIC FAN
New thermostat and gasket? YES
New heater hoses? YES
New radiator hoses. NO
New radiator? NO
New radiator cap? YES
New fan belt(s)? YES
Hood to radiator support seal in place? NO, LOOKING TO GET ONE
All air dams in place? NO
Shroud in place? YES
Timing set on engine? YES

View attachment 88644

I'm outta here.

On the topic of hood scoops, I seriously considered putting a hemi scoop on mine for clearance. The effort of putting a fiberglass scoop on a metal hood and have a nice sealing line must be hard, there seems to be a lot of botched jobs.

I am looking to get some more air into the Engine compartment and to vent some hot air out when idling. I am not too thrilled with a scoop but what other way would there be? Anything more subtl?

Take the hood off.

On the topic of hood scoops, I seriously considered putting a hemi scoop on mine for clearance. The effort of putting a fiberglass scoop on a metal hood and have a nice sealing line must be hard, there seems to be a lot of botched jobs.
I put a 68 Hemi super stock scoop on my Barracuda. The car is not painted yet and it is never going to be "molded or glassed in" I think the 65 & 67 scoops look good because not as look at me and they are not originally molded to the hood like a 6 pack scoop was and when the 6pack one is bolted on it doesn't quite look right.

Also on scoops you can't buy those super cheap plastic ones off eBay, just go to Home Depot and buy a plastic mortor mixing tub and cut it in half at least you won't spend as much. You have to buy one in fiberglass and from a good dealer$$$

Last edited:
The problem is you have two different materials that grow and shrink with heat and cold at vastly different rates. The hood gets hot from the engine and the sun, the steel grows faster than the fiberglass and it cracks.

Back