Scored me a Crown Coupe !

1975 Imperial Crown Lebaron Coupe . Been eyeballing this for several years now . 2 owner local car with 71k miles , Economizer , AM/FM/8 Track , Headlight dimmers , Rear Defrost , Leather …. Couldnt get to the underhood but hoping it has 3.23s / tow pkg .
Triple pickle car ! Very excited !
Will need new vinyl top but original paint and sheet metal look amazing other than I 2” faded spot . Interior really nice ! Might need a few seams stitched .
Car drove nice when parked a few decades ago . Turns out the seller and I have many common friends .

View attachment 599668

View attachment 599669

View attachment 599670

View attachment 599671

View attachment 599672

View attachment 599673

View attachment 599674

View attachment 599675

That green interior looks awesome and in really great shape. Good luck with it and keep posting pics of the process.

Congrats on your new triple pickle!
Things happen for a reason sometimes.
We picked up a '02 Dakota QuadCab yesterday.

Making progress ! Had to clear brush for 3 hrs first . A tree had grown against front pass fender and left a palm size wowee. But that should be easy to fix . Body is super straight and I see no signs of rust so far . Underhood was unmolested and still had factory plug wires . Dint get a pic . Will take it home on Monday .

IMG_8855.jpeg

IMG_8851.jpeg

IMG_8849.jpeg

IMG_8853.jpeg

IMG_8854.jpeg

And of course somebody had removed the fender tag ! Urghhh…. Why do people do that ?

And a new vinyl top …
Where can I get one ?

You should be able to get a new correct vinyl top from SMS, and then have your upholstery guy install it. Make sure your upholstery guy has experience with vinyl tops. Note also that the windshield must be removed in order to install the top. In addition, make sure you have a professional glass guy remove the windshield and re-install it after the new vinyl top is installed. Your upholstery guy may have a relationship with a glass shop / guy who handles the glass for them. The factory FSM for your car probably has chapter and verse instructions for the vinyl top installation process.

You should be able to get a new correct vinyl top from SMS, and then have your upholstery guy install it. Make sure your upholstery guy has experience with vinyl tops. Note also that the windshield must be removed in order to install the top. In addition, make sure you have a professional glass guy remove the windshield and re-install it after the new vinyl top is installed. Your upholstery guy may have a relationship with a glass shop / guy who handles the glass for them. The factory FSM for your car probably has chapter and verse instructions for the vinyl top installation process.
I have done a few tops before but never a padded one with a plug . I have a 76 FSM but it is pretty useless for trim items .

Making progress ! Had to clear brush for 3 hrs first . A tree had grown against front pass fender and left a palm size wowee. But that should be easy to fix . Body is super straight and I see no signs of rust so far . Underhood was unmolested and still had factory plug wires . Dint get a pic . Will take it home on Monday .

View attachment 601997

View attachment 601998

View attachment 601997

View attachment 601998

View attachment 601999

View attachment 602000

View attachment 602001
Can you say Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

And of course somebody had removed the fender tag ! Urghhh…. Why do people do that ?

You still could get lucky with a broadcast sheet tucked away somewhere inside.

I think PeugFra is right. The interior looks untouched so the broadcast sheet will be most likely still there. Check underneath the front seats. Make sure to remove the seat in order to get the broadcast sheet since its been trapped in the springs for 50 years. Otherwise you´ll tear it apart. If you have it post a picture and we will decipher it. It has all the fendertag codes on it and many more info

I think PeugFra is right. The interior looks untouched so the broadcast sheet will be most likely still there. Check underneath the front seats. Make sure to remove the seat in order to get the broadcast sheet since its been trapped in the springs for 50 years. Otherwise you´ll tear it apart. If you have it post a picture and we will decipher it. It has all the fendertag codes on it and many more info
Yeah it should have a few broadcast sheets but it just doesnt make sense to remove the tag on a random driver . This car was traded in by original owners son and was not viewed as a collector piece. So it would have been a service tech or such that removed it . Well thats my presumption….
Ive seen this before. My 68 Barracuda 318 bench seat car in fact. Why pull the tag off a mundane low option car ?
I have removed tags from cars I scrapped but they were high optioned rare cars . ( yes…lots of regret)…. One was a loaded 69 Charger R/T SE (rear shoulder belts !) the other a 69 Sport Suburban wagon with Road Runner drivetrain and 3.23 suregrip. Unsilenced air cleaner , carb , windage tray , exhaust manifolds and 727HD !
Now that was a sleeper !
Momma wanted a wagon and daddy wanted a RR …lol

Back