Scored me a Crown Coupe !

Found 2 build sheets in great shape !

IMG_9214.jpeg

IMG_9215.jpeg

Removed the door and windshield trim in preparation for paint then top . Not too hard if you have done a few Mopars over the years and know the sequence and where the hidden screws are . Vinyl top does not tuck under windshield .

I should start a seperate tutorial thread on replacing a formal padded top .

IMG_9218.jpeg

IMG_9217.jpeg

IMG_9223.jpeg

IMG_9225.jpeg

IMG_9224.jpeg

Stripped all the trim , most of the paint and prepped it for primer over the last 2 months .
Got the primer on today and it looks awesome ! Body is super straight ! Hope to have color on it in the next 2 weeks after blocking primer down to 800 .
LOTTA work ! I had the paint custom mixed to original color and they sprayed a few samples to get it right . WOW !!! What a beautiful color ! No wonder so many people bought pickles ! Lol….
Top is not here yet but the seats are at the upholstery shop getting new panels installed. This guy has been doing interiors since the late 60s.
We used him alot to do leather kits in new cars over the years . Does great work .

There is absolutely no rust on this car ! Freaking amazing even for Idaho !

that car has to be the single best one made. the absolute top end of the bell curve. a few get wrecked before they're sold. most live an average life. that one will live forever. so long as you own it, you'll never get sick, loose your wallet, nothing bad will ever happen.

That particular shade of green is a stunning color, especially when paint is fresh, or on a well-cared-for original car/truck. Can't wait to see your car in one color!

Base coat is on but hood and trunk have some tiger striping so i will scuff reshoot and clear in the morning .
IMG_9412.jpeg
IMG_9414.jpeg
IMG_9413.jpeg

COLOR ON !!! Looks awesome . Pictures just dont do this color justice! Wow !
IMG_9421.jpeg
IMG_9418.jpeg
IMG_9418.jpeg

Now the outside looks as nice as that beautiful inside! Thanks for posting so many pics. I enjoy having a front row seat to this transformation!

Hey, do a video on the vinyl top installation. My 67 Newport customs needs replaced.

Back