Scored me a Crown Coupe !

Ordered a new top and upholstery yardage while in Idaho Springs CO having a Starbucks from SMS just now .

Update on the Imperial.

Got the new tires on and it rides much better now.

Rebuilt the Thermoquad .

New plugs , wires , cap and rotor .

New valve cover gaskets .

Fuel pump took a dump today so installed a new one .

Ordered new idler arm and tie rod ends. The factory idler arm was flopping around and Rock Auto had a clearance sale on the tie rods so I ordered them just for kicks. Everything else was tight . I’ve been driving it a lot and it runs great ! Would not have known that the idler was worn if not for it rattling a bit.

Got some paint samples today but torn about whether to paint it or not…I bought this car because I feared it would be sold for the 440 then scrapped or rot into the ground under those trees . My 69 340 4sp Swinger was a similar story except it was in tatters but rust free. I plan on selling it at some point and don’t know if buyers would want to pay more for a painted car or less for a survivor ????

Paint it. A car that nice deserves it. It's an Imperial after all.

By the way...AC blows cold? A quick way on to the "you suck" list!

Oh, another thing...the 100 Amp alternators were pretty much the norm in 75 due to the rear grid style defrosters...not a trailer towing package thing necessarily.

As long as its getting a new top, do the paint too.
Preferably remove the old top, paint the whole thing, to protect under the vinyl from future rust, then install the new top last.
How long was it sitting before you grabbed it?

Paint it. A car that nice deserves it. It's an Imperial after all.

By the way...AC blows cold? A quick way on to the "you suck" list!
Already bought the paint . New shop 1 mile away mixed 4 batches and sprayed samples for a perfect match . Freeking gorgeous!!!!

As long as its getting a new top, do the paint too.
Preferably remove the old top, paint the whole thing, to protect under the vinyl from future rust, then install the new top last.
How long was it sitting before you grabbed it?
Exactly …. Car sat for 15-20 years . It was daily driven up to that point . I have been druving it daily to isolate issues . Got the cruise working, A/C works , needed an idler arm and I replaced tie rods while I was at it . Drives super smooth !

Oh, another thing...the 100 Amp alternators were pretty much the norm in 75 due to the rear grid style defrosters...not a trailer towing package thing necessarily.
Yes .. I discovered it does not have tow pkg. has electric rear defrost. Which actually works out better for this kind of car due to hiway speeds and really no need for 60’ times …lol

You should be able to get a new correct vinyl top from SMS, and then have your upholstery guy install it. Make sure your upholstery guy has experience with vinyl tops. Note also that the windshield must be removed in order to install the top. In addition, make sure you have a professional glass guy remove the windshield and re-install it after the new vinyl top is installed. Your upholstery guy may have a relationship with a glass shop / guy who handles thre glass for them. The factory FSM for your car probably has chapter and verse instructions for the vinyl top installation process.
The hardest part will be figuring out how to remove the windshield trim from the clips. Extra points if you dont break any of them. They get rusty.

Are the clips different than other Mopar windshield trim clips?

FSM makes no mention of removing windshield to replace top and local upholstery shop said it is not necessary.

Are the clips different than other Mopar windshield trim clips?

FSM makes no mention of removing windshield to replace top and local upholstery shop said it is not necessary.

This may be true. When I had my vinyl top replaced. I also had the headliner replaced as well. It may be the headliner install required the removal of the windshield. I don't remember. Sorry if I have confused the issue. . .

This may be true. When I had my vinyl top replaced. I also had the headliner replaced as well. It may be the headliner install required the removal of the windshield. I don't remember. Sorry if I have confused the issue. . .
Oh yes that is true . On Fabric headliners with bows it does help to remove the glass .
This car has a fiberboard headliner that I will need to lower some to get to the trim fasteners .

Removed the roof trim . Turns out there is no need to drop the headliner . The trim has studs the push into expanding barrel nuts . The opera window trim has a small sliding cover to hide where the ends meet . I used a pick to get one end started and it came off in a circular motion.

IMG_9212.jpeg

IMG_9205.jpeg

Removed the rear seat so I can take it to upholstery shop to have top panel replaced with the original yardage I bought from SMS .

IMG_9210.jpeg

IMG_9209.jpeg

IMG_9208.jpeg

Also removed all emblems. Thank god Chrysler was using push pin style mounts by 75 instead of speed nuts .

IMG_9213.jpeg

Dang, son, look at that roof!
Beautiful car,
Drives nice,
A/C works,
No rusty chunks falling off,
Has anyone said you suck?
Gotta wonder why it sat for so long.
The guy I got it from owned a used car dealership from 1970- 1998 and he took this in trade from original owners just before he retired . Drove it for a while then parked it .

Back