"Shirley Pickles" is surely a Sherwood green 1972 4 dr Imperial

Does Minnesota require a copy of the trust agreement? South Dakota did when I registered a car I purchased from a trust.
I'll find out when I go to the DMV this coming week. They always ask, " Now, how many Imperials do you have?":lol:

Those steering wheels are pretty common. I'm sure you can find a good one for the pickle.
You know Bob, I'm not put off by any cracks or minor blemishes in general...I will definitely arrest any rust or leaking fluids that would shorten the life of these behemoth beauties. The scars are kinda cool to touch and look at and wonder what exactly happened. Each Imperial has scratches, door dings, sunkist fading of vinyl and paint...etc...I'm not hung up on the imperfections as I used to be...I'm not cut out to have museum pieces or glossy show cars.

Congrats again Doc! Boy they really picked the front of that car up to snap some pictures for you :eek:

IMG_20190603_093003(1).jpg
IMG_20190603_092944(1).jpg

Doc: I can't tell; is the top on your car a kind of tan color, or is it just a real dirty or stained white vinyl top?
I'm not 100% sure...seller did mention vinyl sunfaded/stained. I have to get down to shop and lay eyes on her. The initial feedback from mechanics is she runs well and good shape at first inspection...some door dings only negative comments so far.

I'm not 100% sure...seller did mention vinyl sunfaded/stained. I have to get down to shop and lay eyes on her. The initial feedback from mechanics is she runs well and good shape at first inspection...some door dings only negative comments so far.

If its supposed to be a tannish color, I kinda like it. . .

Doc: I can't tell; is the top on your car a kind of tan color, or is it just a real dirty or stained white vinyl top?

V1W (look at the fender tag) is a white vinyl top.

Other vinyl top colors and codes for 72 were:
V1F = green
V1X = black
V1Y = gold
V1B = blue
V1T = tan

The tan top is actually quite dark and the closest factory original matches for Shirley´s top are 73 V1L (parchment) and 69-70 V1L (champagne).

Last edited:
V1W is a white vinyl top.

V1F = green
V1X = black
V1Y = gold
V1B = blue
V1T = tan

The tan top is actually quite dark and the closest factory original matches for Shirley´s top are 73 V1L (parchment) and 69-70 V1L (champagne).
Fender tag V1W

V1W is a white vinyl top.

V1F = green
V1X = black
V1Y = gold
V1B = blue
V1T = tan

Well. . . I figured that the white interior would probably demand a white top, but I bet a tan top with a tan interior would be the cat's pajamas.

I'm curious to find out what this mystery pull knob is for. Wondering if it's a manual temp control for the ATC II?

mystery knob.JPG

Jeff

There is also an aftermarket security system that I need to remove. It's running havoc with locking doors with engine running and when putting in gear/door closures. Seller got locked out once or twice. Major headache to resolve.
IMG_20190603_092956(1).jpg

Easy peasy today...breezed right thru the DMV in 20 mins...probably have her plates in a week. Title transfer and temp permit, too.
20190604_163536.jpg

Back