Shock help

300kustom

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Looking to replace my front shocks on my 62' 300 with something better. Having lowered the car
with the torsion bars, I need a heavier/performance shock to help the ride quality. (I know adjust the torsion bars,...but I like the look slighty lowered)

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Pappy

You have to use KYB adjustable front shocks.
Torsion bars set normally use a 50-50 shock.
Releasing the tension of the torsion bar so the front end sags, which people call "lowering", requires a different dampening shock like 60/40 or 70/30.
That means less force is required on the the upward thrust on the torsion bar which now has less ability to compress and more force on the downward thrust to prevent it from bottoming out.

Unfortunately, 98% of the people think adjustable means they are adjusting the firmness of the shock equally up and down. Doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
After lowering mine I replaced the shocks with something similiar to what Commando mentioned, It stiffened it up a little, but a stronger or stiffer torsion bar can help as well if your looking for better handling. If your getting that bounce after hitting a dip, try cutting the bumps stops a little for more clearance.

Back