1994 Chrysler New Yorker - $1500
1994 Chrysler New Yorker

01616_3dzrJ7fpMNP_600x450.jpg

00909_7YR9N88qP52_600x450.jpg

00A0A_goMDt5qSPPB_600x450.jpg

01111_gJ70EPUcFPH_600x450.jpg

00k0k_GT9tZUgmUc_600x450.jpg

00n0n_j3emiYWenYz_600x450.jpg

I have a 1994 Chrysler New Yorker, Its been garage kept one owner, Has 54000 miles body is in great shape no dents, other then some cosmetics. Little old lady ownes it. $1500.00 obo

8v3bn-6631842711@sale.craigslist.org

That is a beautiful car!

I have to say my only two bitches about the 96 Intrepid we had, ie. the first gen LH's was:

1: The windshield washer bottle was located in front of the front left tire at the bottom of the fender, inches from the road. This was before all windshield washer fluid was antifreeze around here and I spent a couple of evenings with a hairdryer on an extension cord, laying in the snow in the driveway trying to un-thaw that thing before I started only running antifreeze windshield washer fluid which solved the problem.

2: The headlights sucked, even if the plastic lens isn't yellowed/fogged, they simply didn't throw much light even with upgraded bulbs. Maybe there's a better bulb today, I sold ours in 2012, but then it was frustrating.

Having said that, I still love them and was going to buy the 94 Concord I looked at if I hadn't found the 02 300m.

"New Yorker" was an LHS with the split bench seat and column shift, basically.

As they age, as my mother's has, some of the plastic trim looses its adhesive to what it was stuck too. The chrome door exterior trim inset, for example. The instrument panel air bag door wrinkles. The rear deck lid plastic strip "shrinks" enough that it needs to be reattached with molding tape. Just seem to be normal age-related issues. Doesn't make the cars ride/drive any less great.

On her car, with about 100K miles, the BCM seemed to start deteriorating over time. First it was the delay wipers seeming to take a hair too long to change/cycle. Then the a/c stopped working. Eventually, the instrument cluster stopped, too. The alarm system would self-arm, with a longer than normal horn "honk" rather than "chirp". Had to take the battery cable off to keep the interior lights from staying on all night. The BCM is behind the rh kick panel, but I'm kind of afraid to try to pull it off for fear the plastic will crack.

And, an a/c inside/outside door actuator is stripped. Just clicks when you punch that a/c button. Inst panel has to be taken loose on one side to get to it.

There is a Dodge Intrepid website/forum.

When I first rented an LH car, for Mopar Nats, I was totally impressed with how it rode, drove, and operated. So effortless and smooth. Lot of little neat things! Like if you put it in "D", the line pressure and shift points were raised over what they would have been in "OD". Chrysler was so great with ergonomics back then, too! Things you didn't notice until you compared a Chrysler to a competing GM brand, for example.

A "bad" thing is that to replace the rear struts, you have to remove the whole back seat to get to the upper mountings.

A few years at Mopar Nats, one guy had made a 4wd/AWD LHS. There were small rear seats on each side of the rear compartment. The trunk was full of a complete LH 3.5L powertrain, driving the rear wheels specifically. The ECMs were ganged together, as I recall, so the power flow was equal at both ends of the car. Dark tinted rear windows hid the carpeted cowling over the additional rear powertrain items. Looked stock until you looked closer!

The 3.5L V-6 had lots of performance items in it. Like full-floating wrist pins in the pistons. The local Chrysler Training Center operator, who was one of our local Mopar club members, claimed it was easy to get 300 horsepower out of that 3.5L V-6, rather than the stock 214.

One thing, the first-gen 3.5 has a rubber timing belt, so "rubber age" issues can apply!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Cheaper but prettier.

1995 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan

Price: $1,995
Clean Carfax 0 accidents
Mileage: 133,810 Miles

Stock #: 180389F
Exterior: Beige
Interior: Gray
Engine: V6 3.5L Natural Aspiration
Transmission: Automatic 4-Speed
Trim/Package: 4dr Sedan
Fuel Type: Gasoline
MPG City/Hwy: 16 city / 24 hwy

The Cheapest Cars in the MID-WEST
CASH ONLY *** Please verify all pricing 314-699-4236 ***

Check out our website for more cars: CONTINENTAL-SALES.NET
Our Address:
2050 Creve Coeur Mill Rd North
Maryland Heights, MO 63044

•The Cheapest Cars in the mid-west
•HARD TO FIND EASY TO BUY

•CASH ONLY

*** Please 314-699-4236 to verify all pricing. ***
Monday 9:00AM to 6:00PM
•Tuesday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
•Wednesday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
•Thursday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
•Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
•Saturday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
•Sunday Closed

of 3
01212_1vbX4rsJ2l9_600x450.jpg

00K0K_9dlByiw3uek_600x450.jpg

00s0s_k4VXLoweDN5_600x450.jpg

01212_1vbX4rsJ2l9_50x50c.jpg
00K0K_9dlByiw3uek_50x50c.jpg
00s0s_k4VXLoweDN5_50x50c.jpg

"New Yorker" was an LHS with the split bench seat and column shift, basically.

On her car, with about 100K miles, the BCM seemed to start deteriorating over time. First it was the delay wipers seeming to take a hair too long to change/cycle. Then the a/c stopped working. Eventually, the instrument cluster stopped, too. The alarm system would self-arm, with a longer than normal horn "honk" rather than "chirp". Had to take the battery cable off to keep the interior lights from staying on all night. The BCM is behind the rh kick panel, but I'm kind of afraid to try to pull it off for fear the plastic will crack.

CBODY67

Or was the "LHS" a New Yorker with upgraded trim?....:poke: LOL. If I remember correctly the New Yorker had a Chrome grill and the LHS had a body color grill. I actually liked the chrome grill better.

I'm surprised at the issues at 100k with your mothers car. I sold my 96 Intrepid with 169k and no gremlins when I sold it. It was a 3.3L.

This era of LH cars were notorious for bad A/C evaporators. I remember a huge recall and dealers were replacing the same problematic ones with replacements from the same bad batch. So the problems never got fixed.

A few years at Mopar Nats, one guy had made a 4wd/AWD LHS.

Not positive, but I believe "that guy" was Ron Mancini of racing/Ramchargers fame, and it was done when the car was still new. I saw it at a Mt. Clemens cruise night 20+ years ago.

00k0k_gt9tzugmuc_600x450-jpg.jpg

That has to be quite rare, for I don't believe I've EVER seen one with a blue interior.

Or was the "LHS" a New Yorker with upgraded trim?....:poke: LOL. If I remember correctly the New Yorker had a Chrome grill and the LHS had a body color grill. I actually liked the chrome grill better.

I'm surprised at the issues at 100k with your mothers car. I sold my 96 Intrepid with 169k and no gremlins when I sold it. It was a 3.3L.

The NY grille was chrome. You COULD option an LHS with the split-bench seat and column shift, rather than the stock buckets and console/floor shift.

The small-town dealer's service mgr suggested a timing belt change. Which, tended to coincide with the "6 year" rule on changing tires. I had no problems with that change.

When the electronics started (seemingly) serially having issues, it also coincided with her desiring to stop driving, so I just unplugged the battery and let it sit.

While it was still in warranty, the factory battery died. They put in an Interstate battery and a new terminal end. When the alarm started having issues, I got a new Interstate for it, suspecting lower voltage/amps might be an issue. No change. That replaced batter was 12 years old at the time and obviously was still good.

One of these days, I'll get it going again.

CBODY67

This era of LH cars were notorious for bad A/C evaporators. I remember a huge recall and dealers were replacing the same problematic ones with replacements from the same bad batch. So the problems never got fixed.

There was also a recall about leaking injector O-rings. Fuel smell usually got your attention.

CBODY67

Not positive, but I believe "that guy" was Ron Mancini of racing/Ramchargers fame, and it was done when the car was still new. I saw it at a Mt. Clemens cruise night 20+ years ago.

I don't remember ever seeing an ID card on that car, with the owner's name. I just know he was (at the time) tall, lanky, gray-haired (not balding), and what I suspected was about 70 years old. It was at Mopar Nats for about three years straight. Then "no more". I know that if I'd seen anything with "Mancini" on it on the car, I would have noticed it. Wonder where it is now?

CBODY67

You guys are making me miss my 95 LHS that I owned for 15 years and had 157K on it when I sold it this spring for $1200.00. Was one of the best cars Iv owned! Our 02 300 Special that replaced it as wifes driver now has 160K on it, had it for seven years now, Like the car but its much more $$$ in repairs, replaced trans last month with good used after lost reverse, $725.00 installed! that was one experience I don't want to go through again!

DSCN2048.JPG

DSCN2112 (2).JPG

I loved my '97 Concorde LXI. Black with the gold lettering & trimmed wheels. A real looker.
Fully loaded with moon roof & grey leather. I bought it cheap because of the leaking fuel rail problem, however the evap core had already been replaced. The inner tie rod bushings were a pain to replace. That car could fly though. Made me a believer in the LH platform.

Since were on the subject. Does anybody have a known working extra hvac control head that they want to sell? A couple of these buttons have stopped responding in my ‘95 LHS. Same for the radio but I have already found its replacement.
87790812-7187-4A2B-B551-FEE617AD5CCF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back