Size of 69 - 70 C body wagon rear spring U-bolts

odcics2

Reaction score
Anyone have a 69 or 70 C body wagon that could measure the u bolts in back?
Maybe post a photo or two?

I'm looking for OEM U bolts around 9+" from top of axle to bottom of bolt - just wondering if the C-body wagon application would work for me. Thanks.

I'd assume the wagons would have the most leaves, so then the longest u bolts... right?

I'd assume the wagons would have the most leaves, so then the longest u bolts... right?

Not necessarily , a 318 wagon may have 5 leaves... My 383 L code with towing package had 6 while my 383 N code had 5. . . these are not wagons but convertibles.

In looking through the parts book they refer to the U bolts as a "clip". The U bolt sizes in the book for C's are 7", 7 7/64", 8", 8 1/2" and 8 5/8" but it doesnt say for which rear or quantity of leafs. All of mine have been replaced so I do not have a factory reference to go by.

What's the part number for the 8 5/8" clip? Looks like the winner.... :sSig_thanks:

For what it is worth The bolts I pulled from my most recent project are 7" they were on 5 leaf springs. ( They are sitting on my counter in the garage)
The ones that are on the car now are 8" bolts, 7 leafs with 1" of bolt beneath the nut.

Part number for the 8 5/8 bolt 3402180

Here's a similar set up I'll be attempting. I have lowering blocks to use and want to keep OEM u bolts. I think the 8 5/8 size will work.

lowering block & springs.JPG

I found a set of 4, part #3402180, NOS, 8 5/8" u bolts (aka "clips") and they are in transit. THANKS for the part number. Helped tremendously! Also scored the correct, NOS nuts for it.

I found a set of 4, part #3402180, NOS, 8 5/8" u bolts (aka "clips") and they are in transit. THANKS for the part number. Helped tremendously! Also scored the correct, NOS nuts for it.

Nice, my search didnt show me anything but I didnt look too hard, happy to help

Back