So how about them Cubs?

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thats all, just surprised I'm not seeing any chatter about the World Series. I didn't really care who won but I have to say it was an exciting series.

Couldn't have asked for a better World Series as a sports fan. Two franchises that haven't won a World Series in forever and it goes into the 10th inning of game 7 with a rain delay after the 9th, you can't make up stuff better than that! 2016 will go down as one of the best World Series in history. Just too bad the Indians didn't win. Being a Brewers fan I find Cubs fans to be really annoying.

i didn't watch this Series, but happy long suffering fans in Cleveland or Chicago we're gonna be rewarded in the end :)

That was the best Series since the strike, for certain! Best Game 7 ever! Had to root for the Cubs. I was actually excited to watch baseball again! And the post-game interviews were terrific, as well.

Well after living in the area all my life I am glad the team owners finally spent the money and put together a great team. I also have to take my hat off to the fans who even thought they had a great right to rejoice after the win kept it quiet and peaceful. It was a great way to put the city in the spotlight.

Well after living in the area all my life I am glad the team owners finally spent the money and put together a great team. I also have to take my hat off to the fans who even thought they had a great right to rejoice after the win kept it quiet and peaceful. It was a great way to put the city in the spotlight.

ill have to agree with you there, tech.

not like when the Bulls won the Championship(s) and those idiots almost burned the city down (again) :rolleyes:

I'm basically a hockey fan but every once and a while I'll watch a baseball game. The best game I ever caught was game 5 of the 1956 World Series when Don Larsen of the New York Yankees threw a perfect game against the Brooklyn Dodgers. I remember that game like it was yesterday but have no idea who won the series that year. However I'll remember the 2016 series, especially games 5, 6 and 7! Almost enough to make this dyed in the wool hockey fan into a baseball fan.
Now if the Jays had won ... :thumbsup:

What a great series, especially game 7. What an awesome ending, couldn't have been better! We were rootin' for the Cubs and glad to see them win. History has been made.

BTW....Pete Rose. He's a funny lookin' dude!

004.jpg
768.jpg
812.jpg
816.jpg
828.jpg
846.jpg
11249165_10153531820810659_6685160259061011155_n.jpg
flat,1000x1000,075,f_u2.jpg
wide_lrg_skyline-supporting-the-cubs-eric-allix-rogers-01.jpg

First world series I have watched in years. Really enjoyed it, didn't have a pony in the race, but was pulling for Cleveland being from Ohio. I have many friends who are big Tribe fans, but you couldn't have scripted a much better game 7.

It was nice to see the classic bud wiser commercial with Harry Carrie post game, but a little something with Jack Brickhouse, the announcer that I grew up watching and the yearly optimism he showed towards the team. A win is win, but they did it almost as hard as they could. Time for next year

It was nice to see the classic bud wiser commercial with Harry Carrie post game, but a little something with Jack Brickhouse, the announcer that I grew up watching and the yearly optimism he showed towards the team. A win is win, but they did it almost as hard as they could. Time for next year

I was born and raised on the North side, Purple!

What a great series, especially game 7. What an awesome ending, couldn't have been better! We were rootin' for the Cubs and glad to see them win. History has been made.

BTW....Pete Rose. He's a funny lookin' dude!
Pete Rose, banned from baseball for life, doing commentary on the World Series!! I guess he showed them !! GO PETE!!
I'm from Wisconsin, but the Cubs are my second favorite team! Went to a Cubs game at Wrigley, best time ever, Cubs fans are GREAT!!

Not a big baseball fan but I got to admit the World Series was exciting.

Back