So how is the new site software?

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im looking to see what I can improve, need to change, etc. What do you guys think?

Of course, we'd all like it to never change, LOL but the only thing that bothers me so far is the "Stay logged in" defaulting to checked. Can we change our settings so this defaults to unchecked?

Thanks

1641916545916.png

I like how the top header bar stays there. Then I don't have to scroll back to the top to look at the next alert.

However, as I asked over on febo, I don't like how I have to click on the alert now. It used to open a window that had the alerts in it by just hovering over the alert tab.
I know, it's just a click. But that has annoyed me on febo since your last update there. Can that be changed back to the way it was here?

Of course, we'd all like it to never change, LOL but the only thing that bothers me so far is the "Stay logged in" defaulting to checked. Can we change our settings so this defaults to unchecked?

Thanks

Honestly, unless someone else at your house is using the site too, there isn't really much reason to log out.

Honestly, unless someone else at your house is using the site too, there isn't really much reason to log out.
Other then I don't stay logged into any site. It's an IT security risk that in my career, I can't get complacent with. No worries, if it can't be changed, it can't be changed, I'll just click the button. No real security issue here, just habit. Thanks

Overall, I like it, but I would like to regain the option of replying without following.

However, as I asked over on febo, I don't like how I have to click on the alert now. It used to open a window that had the alerts in it by just hovering over the alert tab.
I know, it's just a click. But that has annoyed me on febo since your last update there. Can that be changed back to the way it was here?

It was a change in the core software -- trust me, I feel the same and am looking for a fix

Generally the new software seems okay to me. We'll all need a little time to get used to something new.

However....can you put the frequently used underline button back between bold and italics instead of in "More Options"? Or is it baked into the software?

Thanks.

Everything is fine. I do like that the little smiley face with the hearts for eyes is gone. Still on the other site.
I never look at guys with hearts in my eyes. Even when thanking them. Weird emoji. I do like the new response emoji's at the bottom.

Something I have not cared for ever, is the alert windows that are slightly shaded darker than white. I wish there was more contrast there and it would be nice if all the darkened box's didn't become white as soon as I click the alert box. Doesn't let me know which ones I have seen and which ones I have not.

Something I have not cared for ever, is the alert windows that are slightly shaded darker than white. I wish there was more contrast there and it would be nice if all the darkened box's didn't become white as soon as I click the alert box. Doesn't let me know which ones I have seen and which ones I have not.

Im not quite sure what your referring to here -- ???

Click the red bell that has numbers in it.
Alert box drops down.
New unread alerts are shaded slightly darker grey.
Old read alerts are white
If I have 5 grey conversation box's, I go to the bottom conversation of the 5. A grey shaded box.
Below the 5 are white shaded box's that I don't click as I have seen them.
So, I click the bottom fifth grey shaded conversation box
It takes me to the convesation.
I then go back to the now non red alert bell
click the bell
open the drop down new conversations box
All 5 conversations are now shaded white
Since I know how to count, I go down 4 white box's to go to that conversation.
Then I repeat until I have seen all the alerts.
It would be nice, that if an alert has not been read yet, the drop down alert box stayed grey until I have read that alert conversation.

I'm sure I'm asking too much. But I have to say what I think.

I'm getting pretty familiar with the new update.

Can you put the edit button back in. I know you can get to it by clicking on the report button area. And can you put the recently viewed button back in.

Last edited:
Back