So how is the new site software?

Are there any "emocacons?" (fun and expressive icons), we can use? I see no link to them.
Under Smiles (the little smiley face)

1643330268232.png

Last edited by a moderator:
On a phone you have to hit the 3 horizontal dots by the picture icon. Kind of hidden.

New software doesn’t seem as phone friendly as the old. Seems to be geared more towards desktops.

Im looking to see what I can improve, need to change, etc. What do you guys thinkcl

Im looking to see what I can improve, need to change, etc. What do you guys think?
Click on home page and the thread options disappear or did I miss it? I usually hit home, then new posting. Now I go to forums heading then press new. Not an issue, just different.

IFF it runs reliably over the next couple months, I'll call it a small improvement. That condition stops many modern slopware shows though. I suspect it will fail. More "features" make for more BUGS! I like UNIX KISS server-ware, just like I like old, pre-1980 Mopars, especially pre-1967 stuff. We'll see....

It seems on the old software (using phone) The page navigation was on the top and bottom so you could easily arrow through each page without needing to scroll through all the threads to go to the next set of posts. Is there some hidden shortcut without scrolling to the bottom?

Top of threads only un watch button (no navigation with the 3dots)

A72817F2-B38D-4731-8108-1CAFB732585A.png

Bottom of thread stream has navigation to next page.

54CB61BC-B681-4C72-889E-37A241CF3753.png

It seems on the old software (using phone) The page navigation was on the top and bottom so you could easily arrow through each page without needing to scroll through all the threads to go to the next set of posts. Is there some hidden shortcut without scrolling to the bottom?

turn your phone sideways

Ergo, geared towards Lap/Desk tops.
The phone users got screwed on this upgrade.
Oh contraire I disagree, the latest today from Pingdom – Live Map of Internet Downtime & Browser Data

02-01-22.Pingdom.Live.Map.Browser.&.Platform.Use2.jpg

Google = Crammed into every Android phone and needs rooting to remove

Safari = iPhone/Apple

Samsung = On every Samsung phone, unsure of removal process but most likely a root.

I'm surprised to see Edge above Firefox but that is the stupidness of using the latest MS crap.

@Joeychgo -- thank you for the continued tweaks and improvements. Two more requests, both related to the PM section:

1. it is now possible to export an entire conversation without printing each page separately, but AFAICT the export options do not allow one to save the photos. In contrast, the "export thread" option for regular threads does is functionally close to perfect (thank you for that, better than the old software, which itself was an improvement over previous options).

2. when searching PMs, only the last few threads show up. Trying to retrieve an older conversation is difficult -- one must remember a keyword, otherwise one comes up empty-handed. Being able to access all convos, even 2-3 year old ones, is one reason why Ifind the gold membership nice to have.

Thanks in advance for looking into this!

Ergo, geared towards Lap/Desk tops.
The phone users got screwed on this upgrade.

Noooooooooo. Not screwed. It is very hard to add features when you have such a limited space on a phone. Things get pushed around to try to get it all in.

1. it is now possible to export an entire conversation without printing each page separately, but AFAICT the export options do not allow one to save the photos. In contrast, the "export thread" option for regular threads does is functionally close to perfect (thank you for that, better than the old software, which itself was an improvement over previous options).
2. when searching PMs, only the last few threads show up. Trying to retrieve an older conversation is difficult -- one must remember a keyword, otherwise one comes up empty-handed. Being able to access all convos, even 2-3 year old ones, is one reason why Ifind the gold membership nice to have.

I'll look into this...

Im a little confused. How exactly do you want to search if not by keyword?? I did a quick search and got 500 results, which is the limit

Last edited:
Im a little confused. How exactly do you want to search if not by keyword?? I did a quick search and got 200 results
By contributor. For public threads, one can search and specify only the person one is looking for. For PMs, the same used to be the case -- but not anymore. It'd be great to get back that functionality.

By contributor. For public threads, one can search and specify only the person one is looking for. For PMs, the same used to be the case -- but not anymore. It'd be great to get back that functionality.

ummm...... Do you see something different?

Screenshot_13.jpg

Back