So not quite the "forward look" but not slab sided years!

300George

Reaction score
I have a 63 300 J. The original plug wires for these were pretty much "brown" similar to the Max Wedge cars. Not orange like seems to be the common option. Wires on her have to be 40 plus years old! (as a guess) and orange. Any ideas on where I can find the "brown-ish" wire in bulk as the 426 Max wedge ones are quite different length wise/ routing wise? Don't think 8mm wires will fit in the stock cap coil.

Might check with the Chrysler 300 Club Intl. website or www.jholst.net website. They would probably have Letter Car specific places to get them from, I suspect.

Brownish? Not black with orange boots like other Chryslers of the time? No need for 8mm wires.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Might check with the Chrysler 300 Club Intl. website or www.jholst.net website. They would probably have Letter Car specific places to get them from, I suspect.

Brownish? Not black with orange boots like other Chryslers of the time? No need for 8mm wires.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
Yeah, thanks. Long time affiliated with the club (Dad was president for years and years and I was an engine judge back in the day) Definitely not black with the orange-ish boots like all the others, as original. The63/64 Ram cars were unique if not weird lol.

1716511825112.jpeg

I have a 63 300 J. The original plug wires for these were pretty much "brown" similar to the Max Wedge cars. Not orange like seems to be the common option. Wires on her have to be 40 plus years old! (as a guess) and orange. Any ideas on where I can find the "brown-ish" wire in bulk as the 426 Max wedge ones are quite different length wise/ routing wise? Don't think 8mm wires will fit in the stock cap coil.
Jus thinking out loud here... Lectric Limited | GM Mopar Ford Corvette Wiring Harnesses / Spark Plug Wires / Battery Cables / Switches does not have a listing for a ram equipped 300J. If you were to contact them and had an original example, I can't help but think they might be interested in reproducing them.

Jus thinking out loud here... Lectric Limited | GM Mopar Ford Corvette Wiring Harnesses / Spark Plug Wires / Battery Cables / Switches does not have a listing for a ram equipped 300J. If you were to contact them and had an original example, I can't help but think they might be interested in reproducing them.
Always a good thing! Sooo, did a bit of digging and appears Lectric does make the correct wires. Same brownish wire that the Max Wedge cars use, different lengths of course. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $950 a set from the info I found Gulp. Might just need to call them direct and see if that price is correct.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
Oh, I wish ! The J and assuming Ram K was just that much more "special"! (as in did not follow any standards convention) My J has orange wires currently as that was the only option back in the day. Dad (and the 300 Club) beat into me "as it left the factory" ... I paint the darn oil filters to this day! Odd? Yep, but there ya go!

Always a good thing! Sooo, did a bit of digging and appears Lectric does make the correct wires. Same brownish wire that the Max Wedge cars use, different lengths of course. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $950 a set from the info I found Gulp. Might just need to call them direct and see if that price is correct.
Ouch!

Back