Soft lines for ‘73 disc brake conversion? / What Steel Rims Work?

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
We are pretty much done with the brake lines up front !! Didn’t get the chance to take pics before I left, but they are where they need to be. Now the challenge is to find the right soft hose for the calipers. My New Yorker was originally a Drum / Drum car but I’ve since upgraded to a ‘73 style disc brake setup.

So what hoses work for those of you who’ve done the conversion?

Also, I found a nice set of factory disc brake wheel covers and I’m wondering if there’s a specific rim I need to run these caps?
IMG_4883.jpeg

Standard steel 15". Those are the same as were on my '68 Dodge Monaco 500. I think they may have been used on the Charger as well.

Turbine

Last edited:
All of the factory disc brakes on C-bodies have always had 15" wheels.

NAPA 36756...73 fury...the drum brake hose points upward, i drilled another hole for the retaining tab on the hose bracket and rebent the metal line so the hose became more horizontal

KIMG0286.jpg

On my 68 fury I used the old 15x7 cop car wheels 20 yrs ago when they were strong,cheap and readily available...4 1/4 inch backspace...don't know about your body style but mine's pretty low and I only have about an inch of clearance up front with the wheel turned between the tire and outer fender well bolt with 225 70's...pretty sure it would hit with an 8 inch rim

KIMG0287.jpg

Back