Some Exner love from today

I went to the Hagerty seminars today on survivor cars wich was held at the location of the Concours de Elegance and an RM auction so there was all kinds of activity. There was another seminar on Exner cars which I couldn't hang around for but I did see these beauties.

I talked to the owner of these Fire-Mites. The Plymouth and the DeSoto on the left have been restored and use the actual correct fabric for the real cars and also have "door trim" panels. The DeSoto on the right in the picture is totally original. The seat in the car is done in black and red vinyl with white piping and the car has no "door trim" panels at all. The original car does have whitewall tires but so far they have resisted all attempts to be cleaned up to show off the whitewall. We talked about a few off-standard products that might succeed where the regular products have failed.

The DeSoto on the left is powered by a gasoline/lawn mower engine. The Plymouth and the DeSoto on the right are battery powered.

In addition to these three Chrysler products the owner had an additional FIVE non-Chrysler cars in his collection.

Matt, any word on the future of the Chrysler Museum?

There was scuttlebutt about moving/building another place to house the museum and converting the present location to office space.
How about building a NEW office building? Moving/building a new museum sounds a little iffy to me.

That museum will always be a museum, I can't see them doing anything else with it. I just wish they'd let us in more often.

That museum will always be a museum, I can't see them doing anything else with it. I just wish they'd let us in more often.

I agree. There was some noise a while ago about moving the cars out and putting in cubicles and desks, but I'm betting historical is getting pretty tightly packed with cars, and there might not be room to get all of the cars from the museum moved into the building historical is in.

Back