Some Exner love from today

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I went to the Hagerty seminars today on survivor cars wich was held at the location of the Concours de Elegance and an RM auction so there was all kinds of activity. There was another seminar on Exner cars which I couldn't hang around for but I did see these beauties.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A few more + a woody. There were a lot of nice cars on the grounds and I wish I could have stayed longer. Got to say hi to Will and Ellie before I left, they were arriving as I was getting ready to head out.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That '57 Imperial has 14K original miles and the pot metal is even flawless on it! I don't think I've seen NOS pot metal that didn't have oxidation on it let alone a Michigan car that's been garage kept but not climate controlled. The big 392 has all its original belts and hoses still on it and everything works as new. The second owner says he's never experienced any issues with fuel or oil leaks and that amazes me for a car that has been driven so little.

Will, isn't this the show you and Ellie were invited to show Jezebel?

Thanks for sharing Matt that must have been a wonderful day. Beautiful cars and a beautiful setting not to mention the seminar.

Anything the said at the seminar worthy of sharing or any specific tips or information you found particularly interesting?

Matt, any word on the future of the Chrysler Museum?

There was scuttlebutt about moving/building another place to house the museum and converting the present location to office space.

Thanks for sharing Matt that must have been a wonderful day. Beautiful cars and a beautiful setting not to mention the seminar.

Anything the said at the seminar worthy of sharing or any specific tips or information you found particularly interesting?
They're only original once so don't restore them if they're original, just do what you need to do to keep them on the road safely. An unrestored survivor car has proven to be worth every bit as much as a completely restored example of the same car quite consistently over the last 10 years or more.

They're only original once so don't restore them if they're original, just do what you need to do to keep them on the road safely. An unrestored survivor car has proven to be worth every bit as much as a completely restored example of the same car quite consistently over the last 10 years or more.

Unrestored survivors are cool ..

Unrestored survivors are cool ..

I saw one at Carlisle....

10014552_712260535487666_6204020769753706951_n.jpg

I'm not quite sure where mine falls in this range but its somewhere between fingerprint and zenith.

image.jpg

Your car looks so cool as is Matt!

Then, sometimes I imagine how spectacular your Imp would look with fresh Silver Mist Metallic paint.

Hard decision....LOL!

Then, sometimes I imagine how spectacular your Imp would look with fresh Silver Mist Metallic paint.

Hard decision....LOL!

Just color match painting the leading edge there .. maybe the hood would keep it well over 75% original paint.

Just leading edge of hood and the fender extensions would still be above 90%

I like it as is though

Hard decision....LOL!

Yes it is .......... even the thought of adding a dual exhaust system tears you up inside

Back