For Sale Someone from here bought it? 1970 new yorker coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on on the acquisition, thanks for saving another one!

Yes, i did. its Q4
I'm mostly a "B" body guy but i have been in the market for a correct original 2 door "C" body for awhile. it is a very low mile original time capsule. I was expecting the worse, but to my surprise, it was in excellent condition for being there so long. The vandals got a hold of the radiator and smashed in the windshield and door glass. Underneath has some scale in in spots but not bad at all, VERY solid and straight. The trunk mat, I don't think has ever been lifted and was in amazing shape with all the cardboard still there. The interior is also the same shape minus a dime size hole in the headliner. I was expecting some mice, I hate them bastards! The bumpers will need re-chrome as some of the smalls like grill bars etc...It's in good hands and sooo glad a "DERBY" guy did not get it or a quick flipper, I restore cars as a full-time hobby, so it will go slow and get the proper attention it needs. I'm a member over at "forbbodies"I joined up here to see if anyone can help with the items I do need as I get started on it. Obviously, need the glass and I'm sure ill find some things along the way!

Hey! Welcome! And way-ta-go on this acquisition. Looking forward to seeing your progress on its restoration.

Great to hear the old gal is very well worth saving. Congrats to you and the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back