Source for AVS carb chock linkage

shooter65

Reaction score
Hello,

My carb has the wrong bracket on the chock rod, see below. I'm looking for a source for this so I can put the correct part on my carb and correctly connect the choke.

Carb part I have.JPG

The part I need is this one.

Part I need.JPG

The part I need has the manifold choke rod hole on the opposites side of the slot, the one on my carb has the manifold choke rod hole on the same side as the slot.

Thanks!

Looks to me that you might have exactly what you need. If you look at the plane from the end of the pull-off diaphram, it is inline with the hole outboard of where the rod is currently placed.

Additionally, looking at the marks on that rod, it has been adapted to its new hook-up location. Marks from a pair of pliers to reform it from the prior right angle bends it had OEM, to hook into that outboard hole in the linkage of the choke lever.

Just the way it looks to me,
CBODY67

Thanks for your response @CBODY67 but the linkage from the diaphragm goes into the slot, the pic I took of my carb doesn't show that well, my appologies but that is the correct position for the diaphragm linkage. The linkage from the choke mounted in the manifold should go into the single hole. Here is a better picture from the Chrysler Engine Assembly manual. I do have the correct choke, it is the mounting bracket that isn't correct.

1696530455772.png

In looking at the original picture enlarged, I can barely see the circular slot the pull-off linkage is in, BUT that end of the pull-off rod has been reformed when it should have a right angle in it. THAT is the issue I see, not an incorrect link on the choke plate rod.

With the thermostat rod unhooked, the choke plate (due to its offset mounting on the shaft, should be open, just as it would be if the pull-off had pulled the choke open completely. I can see where the bend started by where the marks on the rod begin. Looking in an FSM (free download at www.mymopar.com) in about 1970 when the AVS was used can possibly yield a better picture of what I'm not seeing on your carb.

Take care,
CBODY67

It looks correct for a Cater AVS in your photo. What happens when you connect the Choke Rod to that hole in the linkage?

Thank you @GOLDMYN @413 @CBODY67 . Turns out my throttle linkage wasn't adjusted properly which caused the bracket to be articulated incorrectly which prevented me from connecting the choke, all better now.

Back