Source for Weatherstripping etc. etc. ???

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
The 68 2DHT New Yorker is completely apart as a lot of you know! Windows removed, weather stripping removed since we had to unscrew the roof rail. All rubber on this car was absolutely thrashed. The weatherstripping was just falling apart anyway I tried to move it. A quick search online for cat whiskers and window seals and weatherstripping doesn't bring up much, AND brings the fear that certain parts MIGHT be advertised as a C Body part but it doesn't fit.

My question is, what is everyone doing for replacing the window rubber / cat whiskers? Has anyone used universal weatherstripping and just cut down to size??? I need everything. Quarter window seals, cat whiskers / window sweeps, sail panel window sweeps, and most importantly the roof rail weatherstripping. Not too familiar with who supplies what, but I appreciate if you can point me in the right direction, as I'd love to have the car on the road soon! I'd hate to have window rubber keeping me from taking it out and enjoying it finally...

Can't get back to the car till Monday, but I plan on dropping the whole dash and heater box and removing all the rest of the clutter from the firewall. Should be interesting!

Last edited:
The 68 2DHT New Yorker is completely apart as a lot of you know! Windows removed, weather stripping removed since we had to unscrew the roof rail. All rubber on this car was absolutely thrashed. The weatherstripping was just falling apart anyway I tried to move it. A quick search online for cat whiskers and window seals and weatherstripping doesn't bring up much, AND brings the fear that certain parts MIGHT be advertised as a C Body part but it doesn't fit.

My question is, what is everyone doing for replacing the window rubber / cat whiskers? Has anyone used universal weatherstripping and just cut down to size??? I need everything. Quarter window seals, cat whiskers / window sweeps, sail panel window sweeps, and most importantly the roof rail weatherstripping. Not too familiar with who supplies what, but I appreciate if you can point me in the right direction, as I'd love to have the car on the road soon! I'd hate to have window rubber keeping me from taking it out and enjoying it finally...

Can't get back to the car till Monday, but I plan on dropping the whole dash and heater box and removing all the rest of the clutter from the firewall. Should be interesting!
Recently purchased cat whiskers and rubbers from Detroit Muscle Tech for my 65.

I plan on dropping the whole dash and heater box and removing all the rest of the clutter from the firewall. Should be interesting!
On the slab cars the windshield needs to come out to get to the dash bolts.
They are under the glass and gasket.
But once the dash is out the HVAC is very accesable.

On the slab cars the windshield needs to come out to get to the dash bolts.
They are under the glass and gasket.
But once the dash is out the HVAC is very accesable.

Already on it! :thumbsup:

55D28E4B-FF67-4808-9177-79E2ABE1FF3C.jpeg

Im still looking for '69 300 vert seals. Looks like im gonna have to measure and fit universal stuff.

Andy berham has a supplier making new ones. $145 for all pieces inside and out for my '69 300 windows

Try Steele rubber products.

I bought my complete set from Andy bernbaum parts. Less than $200 and brand new for all inner and outer seals. 1969 Chrysler 300 convertible

Call us at Quirey. We can supply all of your requirements. 814-509-6410
All of us at FCBO have been waiting some 3 to 4 years or more for your reproduction windshield washer fluid bottles and original reproduction battery cables (with correct fusible links) for our C bodies. Could you tell us whether you really intend to ever produce these items and if so in what time frame we can rely on? I am pretty certain that their would be a bunch of orders for both of these items and it seems there must be at least as many potential buyers for all the parts you make for the Chrysler 300 Letter cars?

Back