South Texas gathering...

68blackbird

Reaction score
When I had my Firebirds, we had an annual Firebird party at our place (Corpus Christi). Folkd from San Antonio, Houston & CC get togethr for a weekend of great friends, good food and cool cars. The most of the outta towners come in town Friday afternoon, we meet at a cool place to eat, go back to our place for beverages & mingling. Saturday, people mozy back to our place noonish, hangout, we go for a nice cruise, come back and chow down on BBQ or whatever we fix up. That night, we have hangout again, watch videos on outdoor theatre and just have genearl good time. Sunday, everyone shows up at our place, we fiix up bisquits & gravy/eggs and send everyone home. We usually get a break on the hotels right by our place for those coming in. Anyway....since I don't have a Firebird anymore, but DO have a cool Mopar, we are going to have a hotrod gathering instead. You will not meet a finer group of folks. It is guaranteed a great time, family friendly gathering. I am opening the invitation any and all members here, I know we have a few texas folks, if you can make it, you won't be disappointed. Hit me up if you have any questions, be REALLY cool to have at least a few Mopars to dilute all the 1st gen Firebirds, the date is set for April 17/18/19, Kel

914529_orig.jpg1493766.jpg5431562.jpg7519586_orig.jpg8008823_orig.jpg8510376_orig.jpg

914529_orig.jpg

1493766.jpg

5431562.jpg

7519586_orig.jpg

8008823_orig.jpg

8510376_orig.jpg

Soundz cool. Get ah hold of the Houston AND San Antonio Mopar clubz. Like every where else it'z mostly A, B, and E Bodyz but their iz a spattering of of C-Bodyz and 300's in both clubz. We used to all hook up at the Chrysler Dealership on SR71 in Bastrop every spring for a one day party. Might still be goin' on but I've been absent for ah few yearz now. BTW, I waz the only one in the entire city of Austin that waz invited to that party. (Mustah been the 300 Hurst and A-100 pickup in my driveway) Their waz an Austin Mopar Club but it waz all B+E body dudez and they had ah well deserved reputation of bein' too Snooty that streached from Orange to El Paso so nobody ever saw much of 'um, Jer

Thought that was a pic of a 70s Pontiac dealership for a second.

Actually, that would be a 60's dealership, since all these 'birds are 67-69....but who's counting. BTW, have a chair on the porch reserved for you if you decide to make the trek...;-)

Sounds like a very nice car show.

Post some pictures for us.

Just a reminder our annual Firebird(now Mopar too) gathering is April 17/16 down in Corpus. Be great to see Jason, Wolfman, CLD or anyone else join the fun. Kel

IMGP3511 (Large).jpgIMGP3534 (Large).jpg

IMGP3511 (Large).jpg

IMGP3534 (Large).jpg

Wish I could! I'll be working in Midland though. Have fun!

Soundz cool. Get ah hold of the Houston AND San Antonio Mopar clubz. Like every where else it'z mostly A, B, and E Bodyz but their iz a spattering of of C-Bodyz and 300's in both clubz. We used to all hook up at the Chrysler Dealership on SR71 in Bastrop every spring for a one day party. Might still be goin' on but I've been absent for ah few yearz now. BTW, I waz the only one in the entire city of Austin that waz invited to that party. (Mustah been the 300 Hurst and A-100 pickup in my driveway) Their waz an Austin Mopar Club but it waz all B+E body dudez and they had ah well deserved reputation of bein' too Snooty that streached from Orange to El Paso so nobody ever saw much of 'um, Jer

I was a member of the SA club when I was down there 96-2001 .. pretty cool guys. We met at the Pig Stand

I bought a set of new/unused 68 hemisfair plates for my R/T several months ago from Wes

Back