Sport Fury GT exhaust tips vs Challenger

Chrome58

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'd like to add Sport Fury GT exhaust tips to my '70 Sport Fury. As the original are made of unobtainium, I'd like to adapt Challenger exhaust tips.

I know all about the exhaust routing and the hangers, but one thing bothers me : the Challenger tips are sold as having a 2.5" ID, where my exhaust is 2". Did the exhaust on a GT (or a Challenger) had a 2.5" OD ?

Might need to get some pipe adapters and cut the existing pipe back several inches to compensate. So the exit point is where it needs to be.

just ordered the challenger tips for my 70 fury.
taking it to a custom muffler guy.
looks like the tail pipes will have to be cut back and make about a 10" piece so the tips come past the bumper far enough so fumes don't get back to cabin.

Hi everyone,

I'd like to add Sport Fury GT exhaust tips to my '70 Sport Fury. As the original are made of unobtainium, I'd like to adapt Challenger exhaust tips.

I know all about the exhaust routing and the hangers, but one thing bothers me : the Challenger tips are sold as having a 2.5" ID, where my exhaust is 2". Did the exhaust on a GT (or a Challenger) had a 2.5" OD ?

FACTORY CHALLENGER TIPS ARE 2" OR POSSIBLY 1 7/8.. NONE WERE 2.5 IN.. EASY TO ADAPT BY ANY MUFFLER SHOP

Sorry for misleading everyone ... I just realized I had looked at 2.5" ADAPTATIONS of Challenger exhaust tips by PG Classic. They exist in 3 sizes : 2", 2.5" and 3". So it's just a matter of choosing the right size.

just got my tips. what's the correct length the tips should stick passed the bumper?

0F10A001-4B38-4EF0-BEBB-C42E6862AA87.jpeg
just got my tips. what's the correct length the tips should stick passed the bumper?

Salut, from the lip on the inside of the rear valance…..it does not protrude past the bumper..not even close.

Last edited:
Back