For Sale SPORT FURY GT NOS WINDSHIELD WASHER BOTTLES 475.00 EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ph23vo

Reaction score
Contact seller
STILL GOING THRU MY HUGE NOS PARTS STASH...
002.JPG
FOUND A SMALL BOX WITH 2 NOS WASHER BOTTLES..475.00 EACH OR WILL MAKE A BETTER DEAL IF YOU BUY BOTH.. I,M SURE THESE ARE MY LAST 2..

001.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

A real shame that these are not being reproduced.

The crazy thing is that they were being reproduced for a while about 15 years ago.

The million dollar question is who was reproducing them and what did they do with the molds?

I need proof of that ...

My personal stash:

IMG_6586.JPG

IMG_6585.JPG

IMG_6583.JPG

washer bottle 1.jpg

I bought these on ebay from Rick Ehrenberg about 12 years ago. I think he had them listed as NOS, but I'm sure that they are repops. Don't remember exactly what I paid, but it was no more than $70 each.

You can see that Dan's NOS bottle has regular rivets attaching the metal bracket, where the reproductions use pop rivets. Also, the opening on the repops is slightly too small, so the caps don't want to go on. That's something that can be easily addressed with a die grinder or file. You can see how nice and white they are, so you know they aren't repackaged originals that someone found in a warehouse. They have to be fairly recent manufacture.

I looked up "Mopars By Crane" and they went belly up around 2009 when the economy went to crap. From what I could find, they appear to just have been a retail parts supplier and not a manufacturer. Somebody, somewhere made these bottles. Considering the high cost of the molds, it seems unlikely that someone would have scrapped them, so you would think they are still around.

Jeff

My personal stash:

View attachment 248054
View attachment 248053
View attachment 248052
View attachment 248055
I bought these on ebay from Rick Ehrenberg about 12 years ago. I think he had them listed as NOS, but I'm sure that they are repops. Don't remember exactly what I paid, but it was no more than $70 each.

You can see that Dan's NOS bottle has regular rivets attaching the metal bracket, where the reproductions use pop rivets. Also, the opening on the repops is slightly too small, so the caps don't want to go on. That's something that can be easily addressed with a die grinder or file. You can see how nice and white they are, so you know they aren't repackaged originals that someone found in a warehouse. They have to be fairly recent manufacture.

I looked up "Mopars By Crane" and they went belly up around 2009 when the economy went to crap. From what I could find, they appear to just have been a retail parts supplier and not a manufacturer. Somebody, somewhere made these bottles. Considering the high cost of the molds, it seems unlikely that someone would have scrapped them, so you would think they are still around.

Jeff

Not many step up when called out ....:thankyou: :thumbsup:

If I had known at the time what a big deal these would become, I would have bought more. I think E-Booger had 6 or 7 of them available at the time I got the 3. Technically, I only have two, since I promised one to my friend's 1971 Sport Fury GT, but only when the car is finished.

the repro's have normal rivets so they are easy to see.. original mopar have the round head rivets with no hole in them..

I got my spares from Mopar Performance many years ago now (they have been out of stock for them for a long time now too). I will have to check on the rivets to see which ones I have - NOS or repop.

Not more than a few months ago Vans said they were going to work with a supplier to make these available again, and it should be "about a month or so before they would be available, so check back then". Well I did that about a month ago now and their answer is now "we don't know when we will get them now, it could be 7 months or 7 years". So that sounds like a dead end.

My personal stash:

View attachment 248054
View attachment 248053
View attachment 248052
View attachment 248055

Jeff
I looked at the tank I found at a swap meet last year it's a repop like the one's you have. And I found a nice orginal on Craigslist last year.

20181022_132608.jpg

received_635661433487633.jpeg

I found that 3 of my washer bottles are nos and three are repops. Two of the repops are stored in Mopar Performance Bags that they came with. So MP did repop them at one time. I will try to call them to see if they would be willing to disclose the company that did the repop for them, if it still exists anymore. Can't hurt to try. A few years ago, the p/n was still on their parts list, but when you went to order one, they said the item was "out of stock".

SOLD ONE..ONE LEFT... DON'T SNOOZE..

sent the last one to germany! he is beyond pleased!..one left.. last one nos i have avail... trade for other nos..rolex watches etc..

have one left..don;t snooze..

SOLD THE LAST ONE..ALL GONE NOW!

i hear ya..mopar did some in the late 80's early 90's but they sold out fast.. impossible to find item.glad i hoarded everyone i came across.. have one left for my car is all now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back