Stainless Trim

Topless69

Reaction score
Hi, I need some new clips to hold the Stainless trim that goes around the roof well of my 69 Polara Convertible, they slide inside the trim are sort of spring loaded and have a threaded hole in them to bolt the trim on to the body , any ideas on where to get them from?
I also am after some plastic clips to hold the Bonnet or Tonneau cover to that stainless trim,I dont want to have to go drilling holes and putting on dome clips if I can help it.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Really? That looks to be too short of a hook.

Those ones look identical to the ones I had on my 69 300. On an old (2006)thread on the drydock these were listed as well with the notation of a small modification required for C-bodies, but didn't say what that was.

Interesting, I remember seeing something in the collectors guide several years ago, someone had them for sale, Specifically for C bodies

boot retainer clip

The part number of the retainer clip for a "C" body is 2878 583 quanity needed is 29. The "B" body uses # 2788 807, quanity of 20 and the "A" body uses # 141 998, quanity of 23. (As listed in the 69 parts book).

I'm not sure if any of the different clips are interchangable or not. Legendary offers reproduction clips for B & E bodys but the B body clip pictured in their catalog appears identical to the original C body clip that I have. They also offer a replacement boot with clips installed for a C body.

Last edited:
The part number of the retainer clip for a "C" body is 2878 583 quanity needed is 29. The "B" body uses # 2788 807, quanity of 20 and the "A" body uses # 141 998, quanity of 23. (As listed in the 69 parts book).

I'm not sure if any of the different clips are interchangable or not. Legendary offers reproduction clips for B & E bodys but the B body clip pictured in their catalog appears identical to the original C body clip that I have. They also offer a replacement boot with clips installed for a C body.

I bought those legendary clips and are sewn into my top boot (see pic of installed top boot). I only replaced the broken original ones. Works excellent! The plastic is softer than the original ones so the needle of a professional sewing machine can go through it. If you find original ones they will crack sooner of later, because of the hard plastic. The reproduction ones will not crack.

Notwithstanding the reproduction clips are bigger (see pic), you do not have to modify them! They just fit into the empty space that occurs after you have deleted the original one.

I would say: highly recommended!

P1030795.jpg

P1030252-snaps.jpg

Last edited:

Legendary does not offer replacement boots with clips! They only offer boots with snaps, they mailed me.

Back