Starter Motor

Don't mean to hijack the thread but is there a link to the mini starter for a 440 and any mods to the wiring to install?

Are these any good, is it correct for my car, i am in Australia so parts here are not easy to find.
FYI,starter motors for slant six,318's and 360's are also the same as 440.
Did any of the Aussie mopars come with those engines? If so ask your local parts jobber for one .
Just an example 1981 Chrysler Valiant,maybe??
Hope this helps

FYI,starter motors for slant six,318's and 360's are also the same as 440.
Did any of the Aussie mopars come with those engines? If so ask your local parts jobber for one .
Just an example 1981 Chrysler Valiant,maybe??
Hope this helps
Well, yes and no. With the exception of the Hemi 4 speed and some HD slant sixes, yes, they can bolt up.

There are some differences in the torque of the starters, with the higher torque versions being slightly longer in the magnet section. Most likely any over the counter pieces are the same these days. That wasn't like that some years ago.

Someplace, I had a website that explained the differences, but I can't find the bookmark right now .

Rebuild your own

Chrysler Starter disassembly and refresh.

I like the factory starter, they work great and the sound is what a mopar should be.

if your car is hard to start with the stock starter then fix your tune up.
Agree.
We started going through starters around 70k miles on our 68 Charger.
Took the car to the local guru at the 76 station. He put one hand on top off the fender and set the timing by feel. That starter lasted till we sold car w/115k on the clock.

The sound is so distinct it’s in a great 70’s song!

Hi guys,
I need a starter motor for my 68 New Yorker,
I see Rock Auto have them as remanufactured

ACDELCO 3361044 {#19133813} Professional; Remanufactured Info
Unit Mfr: Chrysler; kW Rating 1.3; Offset Gear Reduction

Are these any good, is it correct for my car, i am in Australia so parts here are not easy to find.
I have purchased with Rock Auto before and found them excellent
Any information on Rock Auto starters would be great
I never buy a rebuilt starter, generator, or alternator. I have been lucky to have a reputable rebuilder locally. The best thing is that if it worked good before it will again because you know it fits properly. Cost is cheaper and reliability is guaranteed.

Hi guys,
I need a starter motor for my 68 New Yorker,
I see Rock Auto have them as remanufactured

ACDELCO 3361044 {#19133813} Professional; Remanufactured Info
Unit Mfr: Chrysler; kW Rating 1.3; Offset Gear Reduction

I have purchased with Rock Auto before and found them excellent
Any information on Rock Auto starters would be great
call Clayton Kossuth 314-578-7866 he has good used ones (oem ) for under 30 bucks + shipping if u want new call 636-239-7884 that's american auto supply in Washington ,mo. maybe he will ship u one but i would use Clayton first i have had goo luck with them . there is no one close to u that rebuilds them?

Big starters suck. Get a mini you wont regret it. Sure it's not correct but Leaburn is correct. A 50 year old car that starts on half a revolution and roars to life is more impressive to me then hearing the sound of an original starter.

I've had people walk up to me in the past and say "gosh I love the sound of the chrysler starters!" :realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

As long as it doesnt just go click click click, I dont care how it sounds. I care about how fast it starts the engine.
For what is a starter, but to start a car. Could do a whole parody poem...

Big starters suck. Get a mini you wont regret it. Sure it's not correct but Leaburn is correct. A 50 year old car that starts on half a revolution and roars to life is more impressive to me then hearing the sound of an original starter.

I've had people walk up to me in the past and say "gosh I love the sound of the chrysler starters!" :realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

As long as it doesnt just go click click click, I dont care how it sounds. I care about how fast it starts the engine.
What number is the mini starter, the model number I mean? I have a 400 CI 76 Newport.

What number is the mini starter, the model number I mean? I have a 400 CI 76 Newport.
Just get one from a late 90's Magnum powered pickup with a 360. I got one from a 96 3.9 v-6 for my 66 small block.

Back