Stripe colour question

hemidart1

Reaction score
I saw that the factory has down the colour of VF7 for the stripe on a F5 coloured car. 1969 Chrysler 300
So that is green correct?
stripe.PNG

Does anyone have a pic of a green stripe? I have a white one on now but would switch if the green was a cool colour.
IMG_6518.jpg

Last edited:
and that stripe on the car was made as close as we could get ( from the original )

I believe that it is similar to the green color of the '68 Sport Fury stripe, which is a dark slightly Olive green color. Personally I like the contrast of the white stripe but I am biased as one of my '68 Sport Fury's is Avocado Green Metallic with a white stripe from the factory.

Stripe colors should always contrast with the paint they are applied to, typically. I suspect the darker green stripe would "hide" whereas a black or white stripe would be more visible for an appropriate accent situation.

My DH43N0D has the medium green metallic paint, with the dark green vinyl roof, and white stripes on it. Interior is dark green vinyl "Brougham". With the darker green vinyl roof and interior, many would match the stripe color to coordinate with those two darker colors, but not on this car.

CBODY67

i like the contrast with the white-I think a green stripe might get lost on such a big car
IMG_5501.jpg

The car is in my trailer which is in a warehouse- I won’t be able to measure for a few months. But remind me come May!

That stripe looks similar to the one used on the '68 Sport Fury's except that the Sport Fury stripe has a boxed end at both ends of the 3 pinstripes.

68 Green SF at Carlisle 2010.jpg

From memory, I think their combined width would be about 1" or so? Evenly divided. Painted?

CBODY67

I think the three stripes are sized in three different widths - narrow on top.

Back