STUCK / FROZEN LUGS!!!

Well i only broke one stud...i guess it'd be okay to replace with a righty and mark the lug nut so i know for future reference, because i have yet to find even one LH thread stud for Miss. Clarice....

thumbnail.jpg

Either find a left (they are out there) or replace all with RH. Do it right.

I like the fact the driver side is reverse thread. Another Mopar quirk.

Thank You Big John my grandfather is speaking thru you no half a**ing young man...I will find a lefty.

:Cortez'sGrandfather: Don't pile the tools on the car, you'll scratch the paint! :Cortez'sGrandfather:

Whew... What just happened? I blacked out... Felt like I went into a trance... Did I say anything?

Yes sir
:Cortez'sGrandfather: Don't pile the tools on the car, you'll scratch the paint! :Cortez'sGrandfather:

Whew... What just happened? I blacked out... Felt like I went into a trance... Did I say anything?
Yessir they are off even in frustration respect the vehicle wont happen again Pop ....Thanks man!!!

That's a lot of work. Isn't easier just to remember that the left side is left hand threads?
not a lot of work really. the next guy to buy the car will break the studs. i replaced all of my mopars left hand studs with right ones. i have a hard enough time remembering more important ****.

not a lot of work really. the next guy to buy the car will break the studs. i replaced all of my mopars left hand studs with right ones. i have a hard enough time remembering more important ****.
I figure if the next guy breaks the studs, it's on him.

The PO of my 300 changed the studs and now every time I change a wheel on the left side, I have to remember that it's been changed to RH threads. It's an old Mopar... I'm clicking the impact to CW as I walk to the left side like every other old Mopar I've ever owned.

I kinda dig the nastalga I'm gonna keep em as is...i wonder can dealer get one for me

About 2004 I get a flat while traveling in my 67 Valiant, no spare I get the car towed to a Sears.
Flat is on the left so I tell the counter guy to put it on the work order in all caps that it has left hand studs, he said they know.
I repeat, put it on the work order in all caps, take a highlighter to it, take it personally to the tech and tell him, he said they got it.

A little while later he comes and tells me they are having difficulty getting the wheel off (after fighting with it for 20 minutes).
I said, did you tell him it had left hand lugs?
I now tell shops if you do not put my notes on the work order (and highlight it) I will take my business elsewhere.

Even in 85 they broke a stud, put a new stud in and standard lug nut and threw away the original long nut that was a factory part not available at the dealer anymore. My restoration list just started.

Alan

We'll thanks to eBay I am good to go fellas..Now to tackle 4 wheel drum brakes..havent done brakes shoes since 93 wish me luck..
20180427_152057.jpg

We'll thanks to eBay I am good to go fellas..Now to tackle 4 wheel drum brakes..havent done brakes shoes since 93 wish me luck.

Don't worry ,,it will come back to you like a bad meal over and over again.:wideyed::confused::thumbsup:

Back