Studebaker purchase opportunity

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hey guys a friend of mine who’s big in the car hobby acquired this 50 Studebaker business coupe. So it’s a two seater. No back seat. It’s not a Starlite but it does have the split rear window & bullet nose. Flat head six with three on the tree. He’s says the body & frame are good but the repaint is poor & needs painting again. Clear NC title. Car currently doesn’t run but only because it’s been sitting in storage for years & has bad gas in the tank. He plans to get it running. The price is $6500
Now I’ve wanted a bullet nose Stude forever. And I’m seriously thinking about it. I will likely but some custom wheels on it & maybe fake side pipes…I need to visualize that. I plan to remove the front bumper. I’m into the hot rod look with these cars. If the engine & trans are good they will stay but I might do an old Fenton intake or something. Nothing crazy that can’t easily be put back to stock in a weekend or so. I’m not doing it as an investment. I’m interested in this car for me to enjoy but I’d like to maintain its value when the resale day does come. That’s about all I know about the car at this time. The white
F1092CFA-EB57-4A4E-A5A5-0AB9C8C2D4E8.jpeg
71D44976-8259-4E6A-AA20-FFF4ED91B6FB.jpeg
car is not it just to show how they look with no bumper. The other two photos are the actual car. Both of my parents owned Studebakers back in the 50’s

Cool car Bob....... BUT LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! Custom wheels and side pipes will do NOTHING to enhance this car.
Look into the Studebaker international club. They offer a outstanding product catalog for Studebakers. (A lot of cross over to Mopar).

Cool car Bob....... BUT LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! Custom wheels and side pipes will do NOTHING to enhance this car.
Look into the Studebaker international club. They offer a outstanding product catalog for Studebakers. (A lot of cross over to Mopar).

Nothing crazy that can’t easily be put back to stock in a weekend or so
I think he's got it planned out.

Not a fan of the side pipes, but some tasteful custom wheels would look good.

I love Studebaker's! I've seen a few similar to the white one, with the wraparound rear window, never a business coupe. I would think that would be a rare model. Looking at that rear shot you posted, I can't help but think the trunk is longer than most of our C's. Put some clear taillights on, and a faux rear grill, you've got yourself a double header!

I love Studebaker's! I've seen a few similar to the white one, with the wraparound rear window, never a business coupe. I would think that would be a rare model. Looking at that rear shot you posted, I can't help but think the trunk is longer than most of our C's. Put some clear taillights on, and a faux rear grill, you've got yourself a double header!
Yea that trunk is giant.

F4F4A623-A855-46A0-A126-F6C3E67745B1.jpeg
This is the look I’m going for. I do like the gasser Studes. Tried to buy a V8 50 Stude parts car today but got out bid. Yea I know it’s a coil spring car. As for side pipes, not sure if they would work. I saw some grey ones on a cool blown Willys that really worked for me. So we’ll see how things go.

Bob, the guys at the Studebaker Driver's Club are stellar, stellar people. They will bend over backwards to help you with anything technical or parts issues. Studebaker Internation has a boatload of NOS parts (Studey had an unusual amount of these available when they threw in the towel). I had a '60 Lark with a Hawk V8--lots of fun to drive. And there are many Mopar aficionados over there (much more so than Chebby or F*rd). The flatheads were leisurely but reliable as can be. The three-speeds are fun, especially with overdrive (an easy add, if yours doesn't have it). The guys of the SDC won't scold or wring their hands if you do mods. The consensus over there is a Stude on the road is a Stude on the road. BTW, the Stude museum sells these fun t-shirts that read, "Studebaker: We Invented Cool."

I like the bullet nose Studes, very unique. A gasser would be cool, especially if it was pulling the wheels:thumbsup:

Back