Suggestions as to what to sell my 1968 Crysler 300 for.

Honestly, I dislike question like this. Even so, here is my two cents.

How much would you like for it? Forget what others might suggest, what do you want? Start there. Then, post the car, with plenty of pictures and a good description, on sites like eBay and Craigslist.

On eBay, list it with a reserve, and that being the answer to my question. One of two things will happen: 1) you will see your reserve matched or beaten, and your car is sole! 2) the bidding will die at a certain price. You list it again, changing nothing, and it dies at the same price. If #2 happens, you now know what your car will bring on that site. If you like it, relist it a third time, but this time dropping your reserve to the new price. I really do believe eBay will set the price.

On Craigslist, post the car, with pictures and description, with the price you want. You will either get it or get offers. Watch out for the many scammers that are out there in List Land! "Send me your address; I'm sending my shipper tomorrow!" Scam! "Please mark this sold; I'm sending you a check today!" Scam.

Good luck!

Personally, I wouldn't use craigslist because of a the tire-kickers and low-ballers, not to mention the flakes who waste your time and don't actually show up.

Ebay might be OK, but they will issue you a 1099.

I would use ebay to research the "SOLD ITEMS" matching the description of your car, so this will give you some idea of what the market will bear. Once you land on a price, I'd put the car on Hemmings. Last time I listed a car on Hemmings, it cost something like $99 to list the car, and it appeared on their website until it sold. It probably costs a little more now, but you'll be reaching the right buyers.

Put it on Craigs for 8K. The people that know what they are doing will ask all the right question and it won't be long before you know what the real condition of the car is.
Then go from there.

the seller couldn't even be bothered to post more pictures of it here. so far the members here have shown far greater concern for this matter than the cars owner. shame because that's a damn nice car.

the seller couldn't even be bothered to post more pictures of it here. so far the members here have shown far greater concern for this matter than the cars owner. shame because that's a damn nice car.
In fact he hasn't even been back on the site since an hour after he joined. :BangHead:

he hasn't even been back
if the interior of that car is as peach as the exterior and it's loaded, air, console, power everything, it's worth good money running or not. the extra parts could be worth a pile. half a chance someone here, known member or lurker, would pay good for the lot as is. other half of that chance is it's sold already. that's a nice car. someone was going to want it.

Back