Suggestions as to what to sell my 1968 Crysler 300 for.

odichristianson

Reaction score
A few years back my uncle gave me his 1968 Crysler. I’ve always had intentions of having it restored it but it seems like it’s not going to happen. I don’t know enough about these old Chryslers to even have a dollar amount to list it. Just curious if anyone may have a suggestion as to valuing it or some place that could? Everything is original and untouched. It runs and has the 440 engine. No rust plus I have many spare parts that my uncle collected over the years (Included).
IMG_1754.jpeg

Hi, It runs, but does it drive? going to need more pix, interior, engine, trunk pan w/o mat and fender tag/original paperwork. How long has it sat? The disc brakes will be expensive to repair.

Last edited:
Hi, It runs, but does it dive? going to need more pix, interior, engine, trunk pan w/o mat and fender tag/original paperwork. How long has it sat? The disc brakes will be expensive to repair.
Well it ran 3 years ago when I took the kids to Dairy Queen for ice cream. I’ll get more pictures with the door tag. I had trouble with having crude in the gas tank. I had it cooked out but think the problem was coming back. I just hate seeing it in the shed not being used. As soon as I can I’ll post more pictures. Thanks

Is the roof DD1 sky blue metalic
And the body CC1 consort blue

I paid $4800 for my 69 Newport with 69 k miles 3.5 yrs ago just before the covid shut down. She ran but needed a complete going over after setting for several years. I've put about 8k miles on her since then.

20200321_102131.jpg

20230606_164315.jpg

I gave 4500 for mine last year, but one pic its hard to say. Looks like lots if potential? I would love another one for back up. Looking forward to more pics and details.

Can’t wait to see more of this one!

A few years back my uncle gave me his 1968 Crysler. I’ve always had intentions of having it restored it but it seems like it’s not going to happen. I don’t know enough about these old Chryslers to even have a dollar amount to list it. Just curious if anyone may have a suggestion as to valuing it or some place that could? Everything is original and untouched. It runs and has the 440 engine. No rust plus I have many spare parts that my uncle collected over the years (Included).
View attachment 604938
Looks like a desirable color combination, appears to have disc brakes, as well. Best place to get photos is with natural light, some interior photos are needed as well. You'll do a lot better selling if you get it running. This forum is the best place to sell a car like this at, but we're a little bias'ed on here. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

View attachment 604938
If you could send pic of vin tag on the dash would be big help.

To get an idea of value I'd use searchtempest and search "1968 Chrysler, 1968 300" etc, and see what people are asking for their cars. Also look on E-bay and FB market place searching all over north america.

I know you are not using it now but is there any reason you can't hold onto it? I don't think you need to restore the car fix whatever mechanical issues it might have and give it a good clean up and detailing and enjoy it as is. These old cars can sit for years and require very little to get them up and running and road worthy again. I just fired my 68 T/C wagon up after close to 2 years of sitting and it fired up and drove like I just used it yesterday.

That appears to be a nice car. Hard to wager a guess yet but running well and cleaned up I would say $7500 and maybe more.

The 'no rust' statement needs some more specificity.
If someone isn't old-car knowledgable, it could the that there's no visible rust, and it has hidden rust.
Or it's been patched and painted - and waiting to pop out for the next guy.
Is it a painted roof, or a vinyl top with bubbles hiding underneath?

All are questions that very much influence the value.

Check out car valuation sites like Hagerty and NADA. According to info that I found on classiccarvalue.com, NADA gave estimated values of $4100 (Low), $7750 (Average), and $13650 (High). As pointed out by others, a lot depends on the equipment and condition of the car.
Results - American Collectors Pricing Tool

Hagerty.com estimated $7100 for #4 condition, $11700 for #3, and $15100 for #2. If the 440 is a high performance version, that will increase the estimated value. 1968 Chrysler 300 Base | Hagerty Valuation Tools

Back