Superlite

polara71

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Who has an ORIGINAL Superlite car? I'd like to hear from 69 AND 70 owners. The Superlite "lite" itself has two wires, a ground and a power supply.
I'd like to know where exactly the power supply plugs into the bulkhead?

Yea, still bored tonight... LOL...

So looking at the FSM, it plugs into #25 on the bulkhead connector. It would be under the plug (violet with tracer) for the low beam headlights.

Super Lite.jpg

Yea, still bored tonight... LOL...

So looking at the FSM, it plugs into #25 on the bulkhead connector. It would be under the plug (violet with tracer) for the low beam headlights.

View attachment 372312

I know what the FSM says but I believe its wrong. ( AGAIN!) There is nothing on the other side of 25 to supply power, its empty on the cabin side.
I played around with this for two weekends and I think I see where it goes however I'd like to see what a factory car has, just to be sure.
:thankyou:

I know what the FSM says but I believe its wrong. ( AGAIN!) There is nothing on the other side of 25 to supply power, its empty on the cabin side.
I played around with this for two weekends and I think I see where it goes however I'd like to see what a factory car has, just to be sure.
:thankyou:
Hmm... Well, looking at another diagram, it doesn't make sense there either. It shows power from the back of the ammeter to to #25. That would mean power to #25 at all times with no switch.

Are we at least at the same connector?

Interesting... I gotta go look at the FSM again.

Super Lite 2.jpg

From looking a little more, from the cabin side, it looks like #30. I don't see that being used for anything else, so it might make sense.

Super Lite 3.jpg
Super Lite 4.jpg

Sorry for sticking my nose into where it doesn't belong, but this involves wiring diagrams which is my crack, but....
I can't find the switch to the Lite. :confused:

From looking a little more, from the cabin side, it looks like #30. I don't see that being used for anything else, so it might make sense.

View attachment 372397 View attachment 372398

Agree, I didnt wanna go down the road of the manual But let me emphasize i do APPRECIATE it.
From memory, 29 shows ammeter power for a power window car.
26 and 27 shows high and low beam connections. 30, i think is where I wanna be but the manual doesn't show that.

My first thought was defective dash harness. I have two Superlite dash harnesses. One a NOS piece, the other used. Both are identical.

In 30 operation is not 100% correct. Which is why i was asking where she plugs into. If I'm correct in my presumption then I can look elsewhere for a gremlin and stay in 30 .

Last edited:
I had trouble to but it's there around the 10:00 position. To the left of the foot switch and above headlight switch.
super-lite-3-jpg.jpg

Seems that the whole left side of that sheet covers the super lite. It's boxed in which adds to the confusion cuz it looks like wires.

Sorry for sticking my nose into where it doesn't belong, but this involves wiring diagrams which is my crack, but....
I can't find the switch to the Lite. :confused:
It looks like it's this. It's confusing because it looks like the plug for the dimmer switch. I had to look a few times. I also had to take the trash out and the heavy cans keep trying to blow away in the wind...

Super Lite 5.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what does the Superlite relay have to with the door switch and dome lamp wiring?

Follow M1-18P

Just out of curiosity, what does the Superlite relay have to with the door switch and dome lamp wiring?

Follow M1-18P
I think what is happening is the power to trip the relay is tapped off the power to the dome lights.

What I'm finding interesting is they have added a relay to control the headlights when the car is equipped with the optional Superlite. At least that's how it looks to me.

I'm thinking it's got to do with putting power to the super lite only on low beam? Like nowadays you can't use your driving lights and high beams at the same time.

I'm thinking it's got to do with putting power to the super lite only on low beam? Like nowadays you can't use your driving lights and high beams at the same time.

Right now the low beams go on as normal. Switch the Superlite on and nothing.
Click the high beams on, lows and highs are on. Switch the Superlite on and the high beams go out. That is what it is supposed to do.
It is the low beam operation or lack of Superlite operating while just in low beam that is incorrect.

There are two added relays, not just the one.

Back