Surf's UP!

Glad to hear that you've decided to keep the 300. That means it will eventually join you in the move to Virginia and I will get to see it.

Try not! Do or Do not!

upload_2016-6-24_11-39-13.jpeg

Glad to hear that you've decided to keep the 300. That means it will eventually join you in the move to Virginia and I will get to see it.

See it? You'll be able to drive it! Something I've had little success with. I think I did manage to get 4-5 miles on it since September. BTW Jim, closing is set for Thursday so you'll be seeing us soon.

Timing on the car move was perfect - we've had strong storms through here the last two nights, and the night the Shark left it started to hail pretty hard. So I stuffed my little Ford Ranger out under the roof where the car had been sitting just a few hours earlier. Last night we had a tornado warning but it dissipated before passing over here. Just a lot of rain and some flooding.

Also wanted to say, Gary - feel free to discuss, photograph, joke about, etc the car and your adventures with it. There are no secrets here and clearly I don't care who knows what from all I've posted about it on here. I'm sure your stories will be far more interesting than "THE @$%&*%! LIGHTS WON'T WORK/WON'T STOP WORKING" posts. ;)

See it? You'll be able to drive it! Something I've had little success with. I think I did manage to get 4-5 miles on it since September. BTW Jim, closing is set for Thursday so you'll be seeing us soon.

Timing on the car move was perfect - we've had strong storms through here the last two nights, and the night the Shark left it started to hail pretty hard. So I stuffed my little Ford Ranger out under the roof where the car had been sitting just a few hours earlier. Last night we had a tornado warning but it dissipated before passing over here. Just a lot of rain and some flooding.

Also wanted to say, Gary - feel free to discuss, photograph, joke about, etc the car and your adventures with it. There are no secrets here and clearly I don't care who knows what from all I've posted about it on here. I'm sure your stories will be far more interesting than "THE @$%&*%! LIGHTS WON'T WORK/WON'T STOP WORKING" posts. ;)
Lol yes, my wife just sat in the car and I got her to hit the key, started right up and purred. Well she sat in your car for a full ten mins and decided its hers now. Lol umm ahh.

Some areas here had hail too last week. My buddy who is doing the body work on my 68 Charger had minor hail damage on his 2015 Dodge Ram, and his wife's Explorer, but his Honda CRV commuter car got the worst damage of the three. Another buddy's 70 Dart Swinger was parked in the driveway along with the others, but the thicker metal on the Dart withstood the hail with no damage. Middleburg, Virginia got the worst of the hail with car's coming into his bodyshop that were so heavily damaged that they were written off as totaled. There the hail was much larger and broke windshields, sunroofs, head and tail lights and damaged sheet metal to the point that it would all need to be replaced rather than repaired. The historic buildings and houses that make up the town were heavily damaged as well.

Hope everything goes smoothly with the closing on the new house. Looking forward to meeting you. By the way, this 60 Buick may not look like a shark, but it has fins. My buddy (and your realtor), Tom, picked this one up today. I went with him so he would have someone to drive his daily driver back. Of course this means he will need to sell his other Buicks, but a 60 Buick vert has been his dream car. It was all made possible by skillfully administered peer pressure conservatively applied over the course of two weeks. When it seemed that he might be demonstrating signs of resistance, reinforcements were called in to voice subtle hints and words of encouragement. I'm sure he still thinks it was his idea to buy it (I told his wife it wasn't my fault). It's a driver and it needs work (convertible top, top motor, side glass,alot of electrical issues with lights, wipers etc, and eventually body work and paint), but he will certainly have fun with it. In the case of the Buick its the wipers that won't work/won't stop working. You can only turn the wipers on and off by inserting and removing the fuse under the dash. I guess a new wiper switch will be high on his shopping list.

buford.jpg

Last edited:
Tom showed me some photos of his latest acquisition while we were sitting on the back bumper of a U-haul truck in a parking lot waiting to get into the house to unload a few things before closing. He mentioned that the interior was a little tired and a few other areas needed attention, but overall it looks like a fine driver he can enjoy while he picks which slice he wants to tackle next.

We cannot thank you enough Jim, for hooking us up with Tom. He did an excellent job in a relatively short period of time to help us find and buy a place here. A great guy as well, very easy going and a good counter-balance to my sometimes-edgy Type A personality. He only had to talk me down off the ledge once. :D

Lol yes, my wife just sat in the car and I got her to hit the key, started right up and purred. Well she sat in your car for a full ten mins and decided its hers now. Lol umm ahh.

She certainly has the touch then, Gary. I was lucky if it started and ran smooth one in ten times when I tried. That was the frustrating part.

Now, be careful about her getting too attached. You could easily end up with another car! My dad just called last week to say that, once we're all done with the move and the dust settles, he wants me to come get his old Lincoln and bring it here because he's done with it. We just got it out of storage and on the road again last year. Then my mom reminded me that her Taurus with 36K miles needs to come here too. They're both approaching 80, dad's even talking about selling his Harley. Never thought I'd hear him say that.

And since we don't and won't have space here for that many vehicles, something will have to go. The Ranger is on the short list bit we still need it for the remainder of the move.

Tom showed me some photos of his latest acquisition while we were sitting on the back bumper of a U-haul truck in a parking lot waiting to get into the house to unload a few things before closing. He mentioned that the interior was a little tired and a few other areas needed attention, but overall it looks like a fine driver he can enjoy while he picks which slice he wants to tackle next.

We cannot thank you enough Jim, for hooking us up with Tom. He did an excellent job in a relatively short period of time to help us find and buy a place here. A great guy as well, very easy going and a good counter-balance to my sometimes-edgy Type A personality. He only had to talk me down off the ledge once. :D

Sorry I missed the talking you down off the ledge part. Guessing you are way ahead of me in your move now. As for me, I have been moving one pickup truck load of stuff at a time every day for over a month. Main stuff left to move at this point are the Mopars, lots of car parts, and my own bed and clothing. Much of the furniture is going to the land fill or a yard sale. Still need to get an internet service at the new house as well.

Well, the deal got a little messy at the end due to a simple oversight by the local zoning commission. Seems all properties in this area are supposed to be on no less that 10 acres since it's considered agricultural. The regulation was passed in 1983 but the lots around here vary between 1-4 acres. The title or whatever-search people for the mortgage company found it and sunk their teeth in. Had to make sure we were covered if the house burned down that they'd allow us to rebuild. Screwed up the closing by a day which messed up the movers schedule too, etc etc. Told Tom it might be easier to bag it and move on to another property but it worked out.

Sounds like your move has gone well so far. Hoping to make the BK Cruise Night soon to check things out. The radio meet is in Berryville this weekend. Will be the first weekend I haven't been in NC since February!

Hoping to make the BK Cruise Night soon to check things out. The radio meet is in Berryville this weekend. Will be the first weekend I haven't been in NC since February!

Last Sunday I went to the Steam and Tractor show in Berryville. Saturday afternoon I might attempt the BK cruise in at Manassas (haven't been since before Chrysler Carlisle). If you're going to be in Berryville, let me know. If I'm there it would be good to meet you. i will PM you with my cell number.

Missed that one, was down in NC trying to clean up the mess there and get the house ready for market. Looks like it might get listed Tuesday, finally.

We're going to try to get over to the BK meet later today, will depend how nasty the humidity gets with the 90s heat. Also have to load up crap to sell tomorrow, working on that now.

Got your number, have to look mine up again. New phone and number, only used it once so far. Trying to clear the minutes off my burner phone instead.

I try not to wish my life away, but this is one summer I won't be sad to see end. Of course, it doesn't get cold quite as fast down here, either. :D

Back