Sway bar bushing help

Here's where I got mine a while back but I know I've seen the same basic kits elsewhere

SWAY BAR BUSHING KIT

Screenshot_20231231-223302.png

You need all three of these bushings / pads on each side. Pretty sure I bought them all at RockAuto 4 or 5 years ago.

View attachment 607153
My car is a 318 car and doesn't have sway bar , I'm putting big block in it so I'm gonna want a sway bar. Is this the only style available for cbody? If so i will need to weld those mounts in place and get all new bushings too. Is there any other options for sway bars for 67?

Look on Rock Auto for the sway bar bushings. Mevotech makes good rubber. The link bushings have become more problematic. I suggest eBay. Glad I horded mine up a few yrs ago!

Mevotech MK7061 Mevotech Supreme Sway Bar Bushings | Summit Racing

You can try some of the modern options too, esp since you're starting with a car that didn't have the original swaybar. Some guys on this Forum have used modern swaybars, like PST I think.

Last edited:
Although the Imperial front sway bar is shown in the front suspension section, OTHER front and rear sway bars are in Group 17. Those illustrations better-show the C-body front suspension and front sway bar.

In the 1970-71 Chrysler Parts Manual
Parts Group 17-29-15 Cushion, Shaft Qty/vehicle = 2 Part # 2462570
Yes, the item is shaped as above, in the parts book image.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
I was just going through this thread as I am / was having the same question. I took photos from the parts book and cross referenced the part numbers as CBODY67 wrote above. I am glad a friend told me to get my hands on a Parts Book as well as a manual!

PS: Craig @ Mobilparts had me set up with the correct in the box of stuff I picked up from him.

20240414_164611.jpg

20240414_164642.jpg

20240414_164849.jpg

20240414_164853.jpg

Has anyone tried these? How do they perform?

View attachment 655720

If those are fr Moog, decent. Mevotech doesn't slice theirs, making it a trifle more difficult to install them. IDK who else slices theirs, or doesn't. The Mevotechs I put in my '68 are U.S.A. made, which was a pleasant surprise, though I've seen their rubber come from all over south Asia. Chinese and Indian stuff offer ONE advantage: one can recycle it immediately without the inconvenience of trying to use it. I might try Indonesian rubber, as the Dutch long reigned there and built the rubber industrial complex, though India had the British, and they've got FAR away from the old school quality their overlords imposed during the Raj.....

Last edited:
No need to split them, I boiled mine, greased the shaft, couple hits with a mallet, couple more hits with a deep socket and done.

Alan

Back