Tail light issue

santts

Reaction score
Both tail light blinkers work with headlights off. The left tail light blinker will not when I turn lights on unless I pull out of socket . Ground ? Any ideas . Thanks

Sounds like the grounds on both the headlights and tail lights are the first thing to check.

I agree with Big John that a grounding issue is likely, but four questions.

1. Is it a problem only with the headlights on, or does turning just the parking lights on cause it as well? My gut feeling is the issue is the tailight part of the circuit that is causing the issue rather than the headlights.

2. Does the turn signal not light up at all, or does it light up and not blink?

3. What does the brake light on that side do with the headlights on or off. It should act the same as the turn signal, but if not, that could help track it down.

4. Not knowing what car, is there only one bulb for tailight/brake/turn signal on each side?

I agree with Big John that a grounding issue is likely, but four questions.

1. Is it a problem only with the headlights on, or does turning just the parking lights on cause it as well? My gut feeling is the issue is the tailight part of the circuit that is causing the issue rather than the headlights.

2. Does the turn signal not light up at all, or does it light up and not blink?

3. What does the brake light on that side do with the headlights on or off. It should act the same as the turn signal, but if not, that could help track it down.

4. Not knowing what car, is there only one bulb for tailight/brake/turn signal on each side?
Only when headlights are on . Turn signal blinks . Brake lights work with lights on and off fine . Yes only one bulb . It blinks if I take it out of tail light hole . Grounding itself out ? But why ?

After I checked and cleaned connection under kick plate . That all checked out . Guess I should of checked bulb first . Was faulty lol.
Always check the easy stuff first..... fuses and bulbs...

Back