Headlights/parking lights

Reaction score
Hey all, back on road again. I was checking my lights, turn signals etc, I noticed that the front parking/turn signal lights turn off with headlights on. They only stay on with switch in parking light mode. Blinkers work in either position, parking lights only stay on when switched. Is this normal for these older cars?

Yes, operating "as designed". The only DRLs are manual.

CBODY67

Up to '67 or '68 front park lights go off when the headlights are turned on.
Not on all of them.

One of the differences between a '64 and a '65 Barracuda is the parking lights are on with the headlights in the '65 Models.

What others do this??? Dunno... Didn't know this myself until last year...

Thats a for sure on the park lights up front? off when headlights are on?
Up to '67 or '68, front park lights go off when the headlights are turned on.
Not on all of them.

One of the differences between a '64 and a '65 Barracuda is the parking lights are on with the headlights in the '65 Models.

What others do this??? Dunno... Didn't know this myself until last year...
Wasn't aware of that, but I was referring to the Chrysler line-up since he has a '66.

Up to '67 or '68, front park lights go off when the headlights are turned on.

Wasn't aware of that, but I was referring to the Chrysler line-up since he has a '66.
I think it's a simple difference in the headlight switch. The A body cars use a generic push-pull type switch that were probably used in other cars besides Mopars.

My '65 300L doesn't light the parking lights with the headlights and IIRC, my Dad's '68 300 didn't either.

Back