TB Triple black Imperial for 73.

That's fantastic, love it, how did you get the narator from Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom!
Honestly, well done, like a pro!

Thats has been a constant thought in my mind. Who to sell with and When to sell?
I had the space, I really would prefer to keep TB.

Thats has been a constant thought in my mind. Who to sell with and When to sell?
TB looks awsome, you either make TB a big fish in a small pond or a big fish in a big pond, to me TB is worthy of being on a big auction house. I assume you pay more commision at a big auction than a small one, but if you go small I'm sure your return will be small also.
She's a survivor numbers matching car in great condition.

TB looks awsome, you either make TB a big fish in a small pond or a big fish in a big pond, to me TB is worthy of being on a big auction house. I assume you pay more commision at a big auction than a small one, but if you go small I'm sure your return will be small also.
She's a survivor numbers matching car in great condition.
But, but...in the video the man was saying 'your next car, and you can have it for 6 or 7 thousand dollars' :rolleyes:
The hype of Mecum type auction houses doesn't always mean record selling prices, my opinion is (for any person selling a car) to decide what a fair, but strong price is and go it alone first, then consider the auction path. In this case, there's no shortage of potential buyers, TB will be snapped up quicker than someone with diarrhea can run to the toilet.
Either way, this car would be in the high end of 1973 Imperial sales.

Last edited:
Terrific car! I have half a mind to buy it back (although it might have been better to just have hired your services to restore it). Whoever ends up with this car will be well pleased. I really hope that it's you Jackson, and that you can figure out how to keep it and store it. If not, it would be good if an FCBO member were to buy it.

But, but...in the video the man was saying 'your next car, and you can have it for 6 or 7 thousand dollars' :rolleyes:
The hype of Mecum type auction houses doesn't always mean record selling prices, my opinion is (for any person selling a car) to decide what a fair, but strong price is and go it alone first, then consider the auction path. In this case, there's no shortage of potential buyers, TB will be snapped up quicker than someone with diarrhea can run to the toilet.
Either way, this car would be in the high end of 1973 Imperial sales.
He says you and 7 grand go into the car. He meant for wild road trip to Vegas or Palm Springs.

I think you should cash in and sell your house in Toronto and move farther out onto some land.
The low end of acerage is $30,000/ acre in Ontario, we have 150 so you are at 4.5 million then we can throw in a 80 X 200 arena to store all your cars in, another 60 X 80 building for your shop, a converted barn 3,500 sq/ft living space and an old farm house for a total 6 million, sounds good.
Oh, and a giant scrap yard 4 minutes away!

He says you and 7 grand go into the car. He meant for wild road trip to Vegas or Palm Springs.
In the original commercial from which the audio is taken, for the '69 Imperial, it mentions 6 or 7 thousand dollars twice, first regarding cost, then what we hear in the video above. By the way, US$7K in 1973 is equivalent to around $48K today, roughly what the black sunroof '73 sold for a few months ago.

In the original commercial from which the audio is taken, for the '69 Imperial, it mentions 6 or 7 thousand dollars twice, first regarding cost, then what we hear in the video above. By the way, US$7K in 1973 is equivalent to around $48K today, roughly what the black sunroof '73 sold for a few months ago.
Yes, you are correct. In the original commercial it is mentioned as cost, I removed those few words so it did not sound like I wanted $7000.00
Stay tuned I am re editing the video with some better driving shots and audio line up.
Thanks for watching.

CRV is right on the money $ 1000 / year and that's 50 years, Ca- Ching!
This one is worth it, if not more.

Have a nice day,

PT

If by chance you do decide to go to the Mecum route, please let us know. I’d love to have that on my DVR.

Back