The Beast II

Put a big used converter in it and 7s you will have. If it were me I would lose that lunati stick, put a 284/484 M P cam in there.

The plan is to get all these little things fixed & take it to the track for a few shake down runs. Get some data & go from there

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
It's a bay full. Need to clear out around it so I can work on it

Yes. Find some fiberglass bumpers or you might have to make them. My 73 Duster still used steel brackets instead of the shocks to mount it but the mount had a 1/4 Steel plate behind it. Wow, That thing weighed more then the bumper when i removed it.

A buddy of mine has one. He has a 340 in his with 13 to 1 compression. It's a hoss ! He wants to make some glass bumpers. I told him we need to make at least 3. One for each of us & one we can sell to recoupe the cost

image.jpg
I bought this Velocity Stack air cleaner at an auto show several years ago. Decided to put it on Furious to see how it looks. I think it looks good. Also I was thinking that in this car I can get crazy on weight removal & Swiss cheese the heck out of it. Who knows how much weight I can get out of it

No support for the inner fenders? Shouldnt you weld a Bar to the frame to the Firewall, Bob?

image.jpg
FURIOUS will be the 3rd of this body style I have owned. Not to mention 1 77 Córdoba & 1 78 Magnum. This was a 76 Charger. It was Petty blue. Had a pretty good body. Guy I got it from had put a C body stock C body 440 in it. I removed the a/c parts. Put some Omni buckets in it. Took it to the track & scaled it. 3950 without driver. It had 3:23 one legger in it. Heavy aftermarket alloy wheels & radials. Single exhaust. It would run 10 flat to 10.10. I only raced it a few times. I didn't want to sell it, but a guy came over to look at an AMC Javelin I was selling & his wife fell in love with the Charger. He bought both. The C body 440 had a 625 Carter on it. It ran 10.50's I felt that wasn't enough carb. I bought a new Eddy 750 for it. At idle you could smell gas for a hundred feet as it was rich, but it ran on the track. That's what got it down to 10 flat. Carb swap. Amazing. If I had had time to lean it out some it likely would have run a 9.90. For some reason these body style cars keep finding me

Back