The Bluesmobile

Boring boring. Yesterdays news.
Hey, new guy....
TPB10_AMFA_LAHEY_JUNE10-p2-SLASH-SCREEN02-1024x576.jpg

STFU with your uninformed feedback until you've been here awhile and know what's going on.

With that said,
Welcome to FCBO.

Well crap, Zac, if you are having to restore it does that mean you need the 360 back?

Yea I guess so..... must have forgot its not “my” car lol

Speaking of that. How is the old Mill? Have you done anything with it?

Getting ready to be gone through. Was just going to do the valve seals, but only want to install it once.

Yea I guess so..... must have forgot its not “my” car lol

Speaking of that. How is the old Mill? Have you done anything with it?

Zac, what have youdone to the Blumo lately?

Nothing at all really. I drove it all last week as the ‘96 is at my buddies shop. It’s doing good though. Glad I don’t drive it everyday. Damn thing is thirsty as all hell now! LOL.

BBFEFCF2-80DF-4495-B616-73C451F13577.jpeg

Getting ready to be gone through. Was just going to do the valve seals, but only want to install it once.

Excellent! I’m curious to see how she turns out!

Nothing at all really. I drove it all last week as the ‘96 is at my buddies shop. It’s doing good though. Glad I don’t drive it everyday. Damn thing is thirsty as all hell now! LOL.

View attachment 264033

Excellent! I’m curious to see how she turns out!
You knew what you were doing to fuel economy when you swapped her. I still don't particularly love Bluemobiles, but I absolutely love the blood, sweat and tears you've put into yours... she will remain my all time favorite, regardless of how much money someone else puts into theirs. Converting a cherry car just isn't the same to me.

I took yesterday off, giving me a nice long weekend to putz around in the Garage. Was planning on working on the Newport, but gravitated towards the Monaco. Granted we still have some time, but might as well start making sure she’s good to go.

Was a good thing too! It paid off. I believe I found one of the vibrations it had in higher RPM’s after getting her on a couple stands, and doing some inspecting. Found one of the torque converter bolts loose. The threads on the converter were stripped.

Was going to helicoil it, but while going through my bolt buckets, I found one that was just the next size up. Was able to thread it in, and work just great. No more vibration!

The hunt started after I crawled right under her. The bottom starter bolt was completely missing! WTH!? I seem to recall it being loose, and getting re tightened a while back, but this time it was completely gone. Another bolt replaced, and tightened down. Also snuggled up a couple clamps while down there. Everything else looks good..

Need to find the horrible squeal on the front of the engine. I haven’t been able to find it. It’s like a belt squeal after 3000 rpms, but it driving me nuts. I’ve replaced everything but the alternator. I’m wondering if the bearings in the alternator are shot. Hopefully find out today...

B04A2256-2D34-49DB-9641-C2753706527E.jpeg

She has a oil leak somewhere. I think it has a little seep out of the rear main.... The inspection plate for the converter is pretty wet. I thought it was the valve cover gaskets again, but while under, I didn’t see any trails of oil from them, or the heads. Everything top side, and on the front is dry. Even the oil pan is pretty dry. Just the area behind it... not bad enough to warrant fixing it yet though.

I spy you wife's truck stuck way back in the shop, it's not going to get any love or road time back there.:poke:

No it is not, but that’s ok.... Newport is too big to work on back there, and the dually hasn’t been going anywhere lately. The dollies make it easy to get it out though however, surprisingly.

I’ve got the horrible belt squeal back down to the power steering pump/water pump belt. I think it’s that damn March pulley for the power steering. Tightened the hell out of it, and still barely any results. Said F it, and sprayed the belt down with some belt conditioner for now. It’s working for the moment. Only had a little squeal after a test drive. Need to find a proper pulley for it I guess..

Some more putzin around on the car today. Had some work to do on the ‘03 ram, so the car came out for a bit.

We ordered a new canopy and chairs for Carlisle. Got em un-boxed and shoved in the trunk. Also made up a new blumo correct antenna again! I made one for Carlisle in ‘17, but it blew off in GA lol. Might have to take it off and put it back on once we get there this go around. Also noticed I’m missing one of my plastic license place push in nuts. Luckily the frame and plate held on to the 2 lower ones. Don’t want to loose that expensive plate!

I installed the trailer brake setup in the ‘96. Hooked up to the trailer at work yesterday to make sure it works. We look good, all systems a go. I’m starting to get antsy! Another week and a half. God I hope we don’t have something happen like last time. Fingers crossed.

8FCAFFE7-21ED-471B-9615-F86B0BF04A83.jpeg

BCB62CDA-7751-44F5-B66D-439650BC8D66.jpeg

70EDB225-3117-4C86-80C1-621DE65FECE9.jpeg
70EDB225-3117-4C86-80C1-621DE65FECE9.jpeg

DFB6D39E-472F-4669-894C-4515D0BFD850.jpeg

38B52B07-90F0-4960-BDA3-B7BE1B4F29D1.jpeg

Also noticed my poor 8 track tape. The heat is really getting to it this year lol.

A9782333-E36F-4241-895E-21620631E152.jpeg

Back