The Bluesmobile

Now that it’s done, you need to get some church’in!

View attachment 156095

That is neat! And that Super-O track looks pretty good too.

Thats awesome! I love it lol.

Got one of the old lionels out for under the tree last night. Miss playing with the trains.

F00BF39A-EE48-48B2-9B3F-72EFEF948063.jpeg

I build a layout every year at the church for Breakfast with Santa. A few of the old timers picked up on the Bluemo at the church.

It’s why I get nothing done on the vert during the winter, LOL.

54B5CE50-3FF5-4F7B-898C-864D471962F8.jpeg
314670A2-8661-44C0-AAD5-A942CB519AA8.jpeg

D5430851-32C6-4A95-85B5-1E035D960FC7.jpeg

F3998257-1FD3-4AB4-B7F6-7A989AC70D44.jpeg

For sure. How could you not smile looking at that.

Its a shame you dont really see stuff like that anymore.

For sure. How could you not smile looking at that.

Its a shame you dont really see stuff like that anymore.

But au contraire. . . I belong to a modular model railroad club, and we exhibit our layout at the Westminster Town Mall in Maryland every Christmas season between Thanksgiving and New Years Day. The layout is approximately five scale miles long. Here is a photo of one of the scenes:

src90206gsmts-c&osuperpower3.jpg

We have done this display now for the last four years, and people who see it smile a lot. . .

Last edited:
But au contraire. . . I belong to a modular model railroad club, and we exhibit our layout at the Westminster Town Mall in Maryland every Christmas season between Thanksgiving and New Years Day. The layout is approximate five scale miles long. Here is a photo of one of the scenes:

View attachment 156139

We have done this display now for the last four years, and people who see it smile a lot. . .
That's some serious modeling! For me, I just play with toy trains.
:thankyou:

But au contraire. . . I belong to a modular model railroad club, and we exhibit our layout at the Westminster Town Mall in Maryland every Christmas season between Thanksgiving and New Years Day. The layout is approximate five scale miles long. Here is a photo of one of the scenes:

View attachment 156139

That is very nice!! I’d get a kick out of building that nice of a set up.

I got a couple high end MTH trains, but with their fancy computer controls, there a little much to set up just for fun. The trusty old Lionel always quick set up, and go. The rail sounds isnt great, but the locomotive does its job.

The smoke operation of the MTH trains is great though. I love setting it up, and just letting it cloud the house up lol.

The trains are cool guys. There is a local guy that leaves his set up all year. It's too much to take down each year. If we go see it I'll try to get some pictures. I think the last time he said it took two months to set up.

View attachment 156139

Had to do a double take of that picture. Were it not for the background it looks very real. Looks like a lot of fun.

I try not too.. :) I couldnt get anything done when I first joined here. Was reading all the great threads for months. I feel bad, as I’m not on here near as much as I used to be.
I am just poking fun, it's awesome the amount of things your getting done, plus your entertaining the rest of us.

Took the car up to a different shop for it’s 3rd alignment today. Amazing how hard it is to find a decent shop, to do a simple job. Amazinly the car feels like its old self again! Wheels are straight as they should be, and drives down the road beautifully. No more tire squeel on tight turns, and tracking to the right. They did goober my driver side splash shield, ofcoarse. Can’t keep everything perfect lol.

I replaced the drivers side valve cover gasket yesterday. She was starting to leak. Used copper sealant this time. Hopefully it’ll hold better.

The trans has been working great. No problems out of it. I’ve been putting some miles on her lately. Rear still has a howl to it, but has not gotten any worse. I replaced the champion radiator cap, with a factory 16 pound one, from the 440 rad out of the D300. No signs of overheating again either. I ran it a couple days un pressurized, hoping to chase out any trapped air pockets.

I shot this quick vid today, getting home from the shop/work. The sound from the accurate exhaust hemi mufflers is soo great!! Never gets old! The video does them no justice!

I also can’t get over how easy it is to get her sideways now! Ha! I find myself giving it a little too much gas on corners, and the rear brakes loose! Something she couldnt even think of doing before, is now effortless.

She does have a belt squeel I can’t seem to remedy. Looks like the alternator is off center a tid bit. Also the top bracket cracked on the too groove. Idk if the alternator housing got tweaked a little while out of cars or what. Something to look into though..

45B0A3F6-E13B-43ED-A74C-90C9FEA5FFC2.jpeg
84601986-E11E-43CF-9CE7-33C011AC6DBF.jpeg

I do have a question though, on another little issue. The brake light (warning light) came on, on the dash a week or so ago. Brakes seem fine. I’ve tried prying the parking brake back, but its not engaged at all. This is all the light is hooked up to though, isn’t it? Any remedies to this? I have to crawl under the dash to take a peak at the E brake connector.

It should also hook up to the distribution block for the brake lines. Supposed to indicate a failure in one of the circuits?? Check for leaks, then may have to re-center that switch.

With all th truck stuff going on lately, I’ve been neglecting the Monaco. However the FL rain has not left much time for the car to come out at the moment...

Was hoping to take her to work tomorrow, as the forecast looked clear. Ofcoarse it just started raining though lol

I did take a moment to finally install the new brake master cylinder, that I bought a month ago, and bled the rear brakes. No more brake warning light now! Pedal feels a bit better as well. There was a little air in the rear lines.

Hopefully the rain clears up, and we dry out a little by tomorrow morning.

B7861FED-BBF5-4EEA-B8F8-8313040BAF8B.jpeg
927488CC-36DF-423F-BEFA-455BC4775B60.jpeg

Also took a minute to clean out the D300. Might be taking her to the Daytona truck meet saturday (weather pending). Its not really my crowd, but we havn’t done anything car related in a while, so wth.

So the last master cylinder made it 5 miles.... locked up the brakes.... was able to get her home, and she has sat for a month again...

Finally had a minute, and exchanged it for another yesterday. Master cylinder #2 has got me to work so far... We shall see! It is nice driving it again. Feels so tight, and nice going down the road compared to the old work horses.

She is really starting to look the part lately. I’ve only washed it once after all the body work was done a long while back. She has gotten pretty dusty sitting in the garage. Its seen rain once or twice also. She got down poured on here at work, along with the caked on dust, she is really looking movie correct! I do try to keep her dry, and a little dirt shouldnt hurt it.

DB71590E-E547-494C-BCE1-7976C6AD2D78.jpeg
758B6C4C-8A03-4683-81F3-FAC396245F6D.jpeg
FDCBBCEA-F88F-43B1-8AF6-35E68130A168.jpeg
70A2D7B0-A0C7-4BAA-8AB7-C598B016524C.jpeg

Zac, I talked to Mike yesterday. He said to tell you hello too.

Our cars last time I was up there about 2 years ago.

DSC03366.JPG

Back