The Buy American Thread

Henry Rifles & Shotguns | Henry Repeating Arms

Henry-logo-banner-flag-4C.png

Your choice folks, vote with your wallet I say.
(and they wonder why online is putting Brick & Mortar out of business)

This:
20211215_110223.jpg

20211215_110251.jpg

Or this: NOS ordered over the Internet, notice the copyright dates this isn't ancient stock.

BrassCraft® Multi-Turn Angle Stop Valve.004.USA.jpg

BrassCraft® Multi-Turn Angle Stop Valve.001.USA.jpg

BrassCraft® Multi-Turn Angle Stop Valve.008.USA.jpg

BrassCraft® Multi-Turn Angle Stop Valve.003.USA.jpg

Exactly. On their website, they have a specific section for made in USA with USA materials. All others have the country of origin in the description. My 1155's are all American and have been going strong for 7 years with one re-sole.

Last pair of Redwing Irish Setters, Don't recall the model #, I wanted to purchase were made in China although the price didn't reflect it.

I moved to Thorogood Boots and find them to be excellent quality.

Made In The USA

Home Depot carries BrassCraft valves but would have to look in the store if their USA made.

Home Depot carries BrassCraft valves but would have to look in the store if their USA made.
I would doubt it as with WalMart a lot of companies 'Licence' their brand name to many products sold as with this brand of workboots I checked out at Wallyworld, I went to the brand web site and they had a disclaimer right on a popup on the home page about contacting the retailer for any product complainants dealing with these 'Licenced' products.

I have a feeling that it is a way of getting around the flood (60 billion industry) of China bootleg products entering our country.
Way back when on one of the every first public bootlegging case that I remember was the Levi one where Customs in LA confiscated over 1 Million pairs of bootleg Levi jeans. I thought what do you do with 1 Million pairs of confiscated jeans? Burn them? Grind them up and make paper money out of them? Turn them over to the copyright holder? Which I would think have legal right to claiming them and I believe Levi probably got and sold them as they after inspecting them thought the jeans were of pretty good quality. heh It wasn't long after that newspaper story I stopped buying Levi's as I noticed the quality wasn't any better than the off brand bargain basement jeans.

I mean why fight China, their going to make the ****, it's going to get in the country, customs is overloaded and can't stop it all, the DOJ is overloaded and understaffed and can't possibly prosecute it all. So what else to do?

:realcrazy:

Leather Motorcycle Jackets | Made In USA

For anyone who rides. My family tries to purchase all our motorcycle leathers at Vanson. They are about a 50 minute drive from my folks house down in Fall River MA but it is worth it. Their building is an old red brick building that must have been a mill at one point. You pull around back to a small parking lot that has seen better days. Walk up some 15-20 steps and to an old door with an incredibly high threshold. Upon entering you are greeted with the smell of leather, there are a bunch of old, beat up, used track suits directly on your left hanging on a rack that I always enjoy sorting through. No more than about eight or so are hanging there at a time. They are well weathered with tears, road-rash, etc. Directly in front of you is the women's section and it has a generous selection. Further to the left past the check out is the mens section and it is HUGE. They have just about anything to fit your fancy and if they don't, they can make it and I mean it. Custom colors, patterns, logo's you name it, they will do it.

It was always fun to drive down and see what kind of bargains you could find. Their leather isn't thin and soft like other brands. Vanson leather is thick and rugged. It isn't as comfortable as some of the Italian brands but it will protect you if you ever go down.

Don't get all excited about the "Made In USA" logo as I heard on the Gordon Deal Show last week that the powers to be are trying to get the standard up to 50+% as in material content (Global Parts/Material) or assembly. As it is today the made in USA standard is in the low 20/30% range. Buyer Beware.

I've been very cynical about "Made in USA" claims. Having been involved in manufacturing in one way or another all my working life, I really do want to see us bring real manufacturing back to the USA.

This was a couple years ago, but it shows how some companies are claiming "Made in USA", but it's really not. Yea, it's a bear talking.... Pay attention to the second video at about 9:00 if nothing else... That's a little eye opening.

I went to Home Depot today to get a Sawzall. Brand names like Milwaukee,Ridgid,Dewalt,etc.
ALL MADE IN CHINA!!!!
Very disappointing

I went to Home Depot today to get a Sawzall. Brand names like Milwaukee,Ridgid,Dewalt,etc.
ALL MADE IN CHINA!!!!
Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. - US Made in America Products & Company Listing Directory

This site is a search/database for American-made products. They, too, voice skepticism about "Made in USA" claims but are trying to screen out the fakers.

Here's what they said about Milwaukee reciprocal saws, but note the entry is from 2014:

The USA made Sawzall® Reciprocal Saw is available in several models; the American made Sawsalls are 120V and AC powered. All of their DC battery powered Power Tools are all made in China. The Core Drill is also an American made Power Tool; this AC powered Drill (15 or 20 Amp) is used for heavy core drilling applications.

No To China is a fabulous site that delineates how to shop for non-PRC goods and tells just why it's so important to do so. The creator of the site has Chinese parents, and he is steadfastly against supporting this evil regime. His site gives you the wherewithal to shop not in China. Give it a look.

Attached is a pdf of a retailer's report card. Most retailers actively try to block you from learning where a product is made. They can be regarded as in the CCP's pocket or (at best) apathetic about it. One update to this list: Wayfair has gone from an A grade to F due to removing "country of origin" from all of its items. The US Congress had a chance to act on our behalf in a bill that required online merchants to list country of origin for products. Predictably, they dropped the ball, and the final form of the bill watered down the language, added pork and offered loopholes a merchant can drive a (presumably PRC-made) truck through. Keep on fighting!

Administrators: I realize this thread and post have political undertones. I hope you let it stand in the spirit that it is non-partisan and seeks only not to give aid to a regime that indisputably tolerates/practices forced labor, has concentration camps, oppresses its own people, is intimidating neighboring countries, floods the world with counterfeit goods, recklessly conducts virology research and doesn't give a damn about the environment, fair trade or worker health.

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 15-25-11 Retail Web sites that actually show Country of Origin inform...png

Back