The engine turned over, Yes!

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I has been a week since I soaked the engine after sitting for 30 years. I went over this evening and hooked a wrench to the engine and it turned freely. I am very happy:eek:s_dancing2:

Now my question I poured 2 quarts of diesel and 1 quart of transmission fluid down the carb, how do I get it out of my engine now? I have removed the plugs and turned the engine by hand but I know there is still stuff in there. I have new plugs and I really down want to coat them with the stuff.

Yes congrats on getting the motor to turn over freely!!

As for getting the stuff out...keep cranking it over with the plugs out, if you can get it spinning quicker with the starter you will force more out then doing it by hand. If you still have the old plugs, just clean them up on a wire wheel, or brush, and install. When you Fire the motor...she's going to smoke like a James Bond smoke screen for several minutes. Then once things clear up and cool down install new plugs.

Yes congrats on getting the motor to turn over freely!!

As for getting the stuff out...keep cranking it over with the plugs out, if you can get it spinning quicker with the starter you will force more out then doing it by hand. If you still have the old plugs, just clean them up on a wire wheel, or brush, and install. When you Fire the motor...she's going to smoke like a James Bond smoke screen for several minutes. Then once things clear up and cool down install new plugs.

Thanks, your advice makes sense. I'm glad I didn't throw away those old plugs. They actually look pretty good. The part that is going to kill me is I don't know when I'll get a chance to get back over to my shop to work.

Congrats! I used a similar cuncoction to free up a stuck 340 a couple years back. It worked but does take some time.

Dont walk away, its hard to get back

I'm definitely not walking away. My business as a paint contractor is keeping me very busy. October is the busies time of the year for me because in Ohio, it's the last month you can paint outside, so I have been going to my shop when it rains.

Back