The one I let get away.

mrmopar66

Reaction score
I owned this for a couple months back around 2010. I got it in a trade for a really rough 70 Coronet R/T I had. This one was a 67 375 horse 440 HP car complete with the correct air cleaner, valve covers, 3:23 SG. Rode like no other Mopar I has ever owned.

CIMG3583small.jpg

CIMG3643.jpg

CIMG3644.jpg

CIMG3645.jpg

CIMG3651.jpg

Oh man, you don't let go of ones like that!

I am like oh so really pissed at you.... Seriously.
And if anybody here has a right to be, it is me.

I got it running, it had set along time before I got it. The front calipers were leaking but I still drove it. It run great after I pulled the tank and cleaned it and rebuilt the original carb. I drove it to a car show after I got it all legal like and it ran as smooth as any car I had ever owned. On my way home that night I was pulling in the driveway and the Oil light started to flicker, all at once.

I parked it in the garage I figured that the Oil pump pressure regulator spring had broke. I screwed up and threw it up for sale
over at the Drydock and sold it for 3000.00. It went to a fellow named Anthony Craine in Louisville, KY. He installed a new Oil pump and that cured the low oil pressure issue. I seen it on the Drydock sometime last year posted by Anthony for around 7000.00.

What I haven't told you is it came with an NOS drivers side front fender. One NOS downpipe for the drivers side and a NOS Cruise Control switch and dash plate assembly.

I have always been a B body guy but I really missed this one. So that's kind of why I bought the 69 300 Vert project to replace this car. I know I f@cked up big time.

I just thought you guys might like to at least see this one as it still out there somewhere.

http://cbodydrydock.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?102254.0

I have some pics before I cleaned it up I will post.

You let a real beauty go I Hope the C-Bodie gods will amend you for your sins lol When you can post some pics of the 69 Vert I would love to see that.

Great thread there is a lot of work there but the 4-speed conversion will be awesome.

The blue one was a definite keeper in my book. We all make mistakes though...

I parked it in the garage I figured that the Oil pump pressure regulator spring had broke. I screwed up and threw it up for sale
over at the Drydock and sold it for 3000.00. It went to a fellow named Anthony Craine in Louisville, KY. He installed a new Oil pump and that cured the low oil pressure issue. I seen it on the Drydock sometime last year posted by Anthony for around 7000.00.

What! Anybody can install a new oil pump. Yep, monumental screw up and others have taken advantage of it.

You can't even begin to feel my pain right now. This one is killing me....

67 Mediterranean Blue Fast top. :BangHead:

I could have put on an oil pump but its one of those things where you think that there will always be more of them that come along.

What! Anybody can install a new oil pump. Yep, monumental screw up and others have taken advantage of it.

Back