The re-chrome wish list.

The name of the company is Metal Brite they are out of Dayton, OH. Here is the link http://www.metal-britepolishing.com/ To give you an idea for the price my rear bumper was $600. My bumper was in decent shape but there was a small dent and some surface rust. I had around 25 piece of pot metal, they were $800. These were all pretty bad shape and several took 2 trips to copper and my rear tail light frames went 3 times. You can see the first page of this thread for what I had done. I don't have anything complete yet in my hands but I am very happy with the end products that I have seen. Half of the job cost is due at the beginning and rest at completion. They are not quick with the pot metal, but they aren't doing a half *** job of it either. The bumper was done in 6 weeks but he has had my pot metal for 3 months.

Thanks for that. Sounds about the same as Ogden chrome in both cost and time frame. I like Ogden because they pay the freight for shipping both ways, which is important when shipping bumpers and other large items. No one in driving distance from me that does quality work.

Thanks for that. Sounds about the same as Ogden chrome in both cost and time frame. I like Ogden because they pay the freight for shipping both ways, which is important when shipping bumpers and other large items. No one in driving distance from me that does quality work.

They are the only outfit in central Ohio and about a 40 minute drive from me, so I feel lucky. There has been no one in Columbus for several years now. I'm glad to know they are in line with your company. I had a friend tell me what to expect on cost and their pricing was right there with what he told me, he was from Cleveland.

It is always nice to get a call from someone doing work for you, instead of calling them to see when it will be done. I got a call from the chrome guy the work is done and he sent the pieces that need black accents painted to the paint guy and they will be ready for pick up by Friday. I plan on going over on Saturday to pick them up.:eek:s_dancing2:

I picked up my chrome today. I am very happy with the results. Here are a few photos and I restored the center red white and blue plastic portion of the badge myself. Chrome2.sm.jpgChrome4.sm.jpgChrome5.sm.jpg

Chrome2.sm.jpg

Chrome4.sm.jpg

Chrome5.sm.jpg

Great results and the 3 months time to finish is acceptable for that.

OUCH!! Thats brite!!
I didn't have my good camera with me so I took it with my phone. I have to admit I kind of like the obnoxious reflection of the flash off the chrome. It makes it look like to have to ware sunglasses to look at it.

Back