The Sheriff

Welp, looks like I need to start the hunt for a transport. Signed a contract to put the house on the market last night. I think I have a spot down near the in-laws for $50 a month, 15x50 space should handle the barge nicely. Need one or two semi warm days to get the bare metal in epoxy primer for preservative until I can resume the remaining work once we're moved. I don't expect to be moving it or us 'til sometime in the spring but may as well be ready.

Oh fudge then there's the glass issues too. argggg. I gotta swap the windshield out before we go too. Damn. Gasket search now too. Wonder if I can rebuild the trans in a month..

Welcome.

a8a2c275e1543a408387994240b472d9.jpg

Posted via Topify on Android

The whole place reminded me of the way CO was years ago. Just without the mountains and cold weather. I still think it'd be best to see what it's like in the summers but the northern types I talked with said not an issue. We're talkin' folks my age from WI and NJ, and another from CT. All three couples said the first two summers are gunna suck, after that piece of puddin'. Reckon we'll see.

So where are we today? most of the body work is close but the real humid weather is closing and and rather than deal with surface rust in the spring I decided to prep and spray epoxy primer on it for the winter slumber. The wet coats showed off some minor issues I have to deal with. Been blocking with a 24 inch dura block may have to go 30 inch. Don't want no ripples in this bad boy.

p4dscy381spia21zg.jpg

61hrktgvoius0bezg.jpg

Thx but not good or straight enough for black. I think anyway. But that's neither here nor there as there's still other work to be done on these panels. It's just a protective coat for winter but gave me a great impression on how close it is.

Got a bit to spend on the car today. Pretty much buttoning things up to get it ready for transport to FL. Bumpers back on, seats back in, Interior panels back on.

I did get to test the 5v buck convertor in place of the voltage regulator in the dash. Works just like I figured it would and gauges seem very smooth and accurate. It helped me trace down where the extra voltage is coming from that causes the gauges to rise. Turn signals. Turning on the turn signal makes the gauges rise. From quarter to half tank for fuel. Now to determine why I assume ground issue. But adding a ground to the cluster to firewall didn't help. It will continue til we move I guess.

Well no more updates for I'd guess another year. House contracts are finalized, addendums resolved, sewer install starts Wednesday morning. Check out date is May 29th. On the hunt for transport that'll haul the car and spare parts. Moving/fire sale this weekend, how I acquired so much stuff in just two years I'll never know. Selling the Magnum and keeping the truck, going down to one vehicle before we move so hopefully I'll have some play money left when we get to the sunshine state. I think it'll be a few months before we're in a house so the car is going to sit out in storage for a bit. Not real happy about that but what else am I going to do?

Well no more updates for I'd guess another year. House contracts are finalized, addendums resolved, sewer install starts Wednesday morning. Check out date is May 29th. On the hunt for transport that'll haul the car and spare parts. Moving/fire sale this weekend, how I acquired so much stuff in just two years I'll never know. Selling the Magnum and keeping the truck, going down to one vehicle before we move so hopefully I'll have some play money left when we get to the sunshine state. I think it'll be a few months before we're in a house so the car is going to sit out in storage for a bit. Not real happy about that but what else am I going to do?
Sell the wife :busted:

Well this weekend the wife did something she had never done before. No not that... She drove the car. I hadn't realized she'd never driven it. She'd rode in it hundreds of times but never drove. At least once a week I've been taking it for a spin around the property where its being stored. Just to keep everything lubed and freed up, besides I like the sound. They asked I not go over 30mph but other than that do what I want. I guess they don't want me crashing or potentially running over someone, so I go with it for now. This weekend. I came back to the truck and she was standing next to it, I pulled up and said you wanna go? She sat down and took off. Babied that thing the entire time 'til she got back in sight and then she stood on it. A little tire spin then a big smile when she pulled up.

It's rough, and looking rougher by the week being in storage but, it starts, runs, drives and transmission is holding together for now. December isn't going to come quick enough to get it back in the garage where I can work on it.

Well the garage and the slab is poured. Thought I'd share a pic of the view from the end of my to be backyard. Actually my future backyard ends at the greenbelt, another 100 feet and this is the view;

1ozw3f86bh2orrczg.jpg

Great view but anything large and carnivorous live in there?

I hope so (ok not really), I've already come to enjoy eating 'gator (yes really). We buy it down at the local farmers market on Saturdays.

Oh and BTW they've already begun broadcasting the Canadian news down here at noon. I guess bunches of your countrymen have already arrived for the winter.

Back