The sub frame project has begun..

It was bent when I got the car.
I had a strange wobble in the front end but I had hoped it was from the worn frt end suspension.
After the rebuild I still had it so when I had the alignment done I had them check n sure enough it has a bent rim.

Moved it to the back and now I have a wobbly rear end!!:D

If you were female and 20 something, that might not be a bad thing......

I have a lead on a pair for $50...
I Called a tire shop n they want minimum of $80 with no guarantees that it will be better. ..

Tell them if they can't guarantee their work, you can't guarantee they'll get paid!

So with the Stub Frame project winding down I thought I would take a few seconds to thank everyone for the encouraging messages and help with some of the strange parts that normally I would not have to replace like the uni-body side rails from MrMoparCHP and again other with their valuable input.

There was times when I thought what have I gotten myself into here but thanks to good bank credit I was able to forge forward.. :D

I also want to publicly thank my wife during the time I spent in the garage and now I will move onto the "Honey Do list" that she has patiently been waiting for me to get to.

I have some minor things to clean up on the project but I now have the hood installed and just need to tweak the body work to make it all good.

I'll post pics in a bit!

Now that kind of talk will just get us in trouble! !:D

I don't EVER want to get so old that I can't appreciate a really good looking member of the opposite sex from the back. Or a car for that matter.

I don't EVER want to get so old that I can't appreciate a really good looking member of the opposite sex from the back. Or a car for that matter.

Understood Kevin.

In fact every female model would be up to factory spec! Just as the designed intended! LOL!

Well, I like to have either of these True Blood hotties in my Fury with me! Yes, I'd be in trouble..LOL..!!

kristin-bauer-1.jpg

deborah ann woll 11.jpg

Well, I have always said there is no better way to ruin a great shot of a car or motorcyle by having someone "hot or not" posing with the main subject in the photo... :D

Well, I have always said there is no better way to ruin a great shot of a car or motorcyle by having someone "hot or not" posing with the main subject in the photo... :D

A whole lotta truth in that !

Good thing this isn't a "forRamchargersonly.com" website, otherwise I'd have a great story about now.

Hi Mr. Fix It. I just read your whole thread. Fantastic tutorial and motivation for my 68 Fury. It’s also a great lesson of doing it right the first time so that there will be no regrets. Hate to think what you spent but well worth it. Gaging by the speed in which you worked...did you have all your parts on hand at the time? Great work for sure. Thanks for the thread. Ron

Hi Mr. Fix It. I just read your whole thread. Fantastic tutorial and motivation for my 68 Fury. It’s also a great lesson of doing it right the first time so that there will be no regrets. Hate to think what you spent but well worth it. Gaging by the speed in which you worked...did you have all your parts on hand at the time? Great work for sure. Thanks for the thread. Ron
Hi Ron, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. How is your 68 Fury coming along?

Thanks Ron!

I did work at a fast pace for sure.
I was on a mission and got er' done :lol:

I am not in any condition other than to supervise these days on a project of this nature.

You should find my thread on me restoring the underbelly later that year.

Hi Ron, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. How is your 68 Fury coming along?

Hi Paul. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well. I had been wondering what you have been up to.

It is going slower than hoped but progressing. Travel for business, kids weekend events and another round of kids exploring colleges has kept us busy....but still enjoying working on the fury.

Garage is ready for the winter with the car. One bay is the car...the other is workspace.

Replacement stub frame was cleaned off, rust removed and primed end of summer. Once primed it I did notice a small area to patch on side as pin holes became obvious. Not bad overall though. I have someone who welds who was going to patch it at my house and he became busy. I finally trailered it to someone else last weekend. Should have it back next weekend based on his schedule.

Currently....rebuilding the calipers (didn’t source new), removed rust from the control arms, ready to be primed, and will push in new bushings one of these upcoming weekends. If I am learning anything it is this....patience, expect it to go longer than expected with set backs (usually frozen bolts), take small bites at a time, take apart more than you think to have clean access, and get all the parts you think you will need before you get into it. Easier to return or sell parts than to find.

I pull the fury out every month and let it run (sounds smooth by the way) to keep it lubed. I still get a lot of people walking or driving by stopping to give me thumbs up or to look at the car. It’s worth it. lol. One step at a time.

How are your projects? Feel free to PM or email.

Thanks Ron!

I did work at a fast pace for sure.
I was on a mission and got er' done :lol:

I am not in any condition other than to supervise these days on a project of this nature.

You should find my thread on me restoring the underbelly later that year.

I look forward to reading it.

Over all my car is in great shape...with the exception of the stub frame and a couple of areas in the trunk to patch. My goal is to the the front have renewed (frame, freshen up motor, rebuilt suspension and brakes, then tackle the rear ..patches, suspension and tank. then tires (still has bias ply). Road worthy and great driver it shall be.

I look forward to reading it.

Over all my car is in great shape...with the exception of the stub frame and a couple of areas in the trunk to patch. My goal is to the the front have renewed (frame, freshen up motor, rebuilt suspension and brakes, then tackle the rear ..patches, suspension and tank. then tires (still has bias ply). Road worthy and great driver it shall be.
That’s pretty much how I approached my car...

Back