The winged warriors

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong. Going off memory. Left to right. Bottom to top. Bobby Allison #22, Charlie Glotzbach #99, Pete Hamilton # 40, David Pearson (Ford Taledega) #17, Buddy Baker #6, Neil Castles #32

image.jpg

I was around when they raced on the tracks......brings back great memories!

In those days Chrysler caused NASCAR to rewrite the rules Almost weekly. Question, why was the Dodge Hemi illegal, but the Plymouth Hemi not?

Ah MIS. I saw King Richard git harpooned by a cartwheeling driveshaft in the grill of his '68 500(I think) and kept rite on doin' laps. He came in for fuel 15-20 laps later, his pit crew pulled that drive shaft out of the nose of that Dodge and he went rite back out there chasin'. Dam thing had missed everything that would have kept him from going back out

Ah MIS. I saw King Richard git harpooned by a cartwheeling driveshaft in the grill of his '68 500(I think) and kept rite on doin' laps. He came in for fuel 15-20 laps later, his pit crew pulled that drive shaft out of the nose of that Dodge and he went rite back out there chasin'. Dam thing had missed everything that would have kept him from going back out

That never happened. I was there for all those races... (until Petty went GM in 1978)

In those days Chrysler caused NASCAR to rewrite the rules Almost weekly. Question, why was the Dodge Hemi illegal, but the Plymouth Hemi not?
??? Never heard of that. Lived through that age, too!

Back