Things I'm doing to my '69 300...

Have the opportunity to get one of these. I mocked up the larger version, (3 3/8"), on my steering column. Think it's too big. Probably go with the compact series, (2 5/8"). My gauges are all new SW Greenline, so want a similar tach. The new SW GL tachs are way too long in my opinion. I'm going with some little 'period correct' options that I think owners back in the day may have made. Thoughts? Thanks!

TACH4.JPG

Last edited:
Met a really nice guy on ebay that has tons of NOS, and used SW GL gauges. Started texting with him today. I went to local hotrod swapmeet this morning, picked up a NOS SW GL voltmeter for him. Next thing I knew, we struck an awesome deal for the setup below. I went with used because my interior is 50 years old, NOS would be just too clean lol.

This is the smaller, 2-5/8" compact series. Pics...….

3271.jpeg

3279.jpeg

3280.jpeg

3281.jpeg

3273.jpeg

3277.jpeg

On vacation again, had some time to get all gauges installed/working, got dash lights to work finally. Bypassing the dimmer switch, but hell, lights are not bright enough to dim anyway, so coming off a 12v source when headlights go on.

Old school SW GL tach installed/running. This is the old school style tach where you have to install a sender/transmitter. It's the 'mini' size tach, not made anymore. SW only makes the new, larger GL tach, which doesn't work for me. Warm idle looks to be just under 600. I included some video. I love how the SW temp gauge goes 190ish, then thermostat opens, and temp goes down. Can see it towards end of video.

Need to reinstall radio, ash trays etc. Then when I'm finally done crawling over the seats, I have some new repop door arm rests, seat backs ,and seat side trim pieces.

Back