Thinking about bringing this one into the family

david42

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trying to get my brother interested in c-bodies for a while now, and I think the right one may have come along. Would love to know if anyone has thoughts on this car: do the pics raise any red flags? Maybe you know this specific car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...rs_Trucks&hash=item20d503062b#ht_54945wt_1161

The car is in Dallas (where my brother lives), but I'm Boston, so I can't go down to see it myself. This would be his first classic car, so I really want it to be a good one. (I'd be pretty jealous if he actually does buy this car: I love my '67 Monaco, but this Imperial looks gorgeous.)

-David

I scoured that listing trying to find at least a dozen reasons why you shouldn't buy it.
Couldn't find one.

Undercarriage pics (part 1)

SDC14373.jpg

SDC14364.jpg

SDC14365.jpg

SDC14366.jpg

SDC14367.jpg

SDC14368.jpg

SDC14369.jpg

SDC14370.jpg

SDC14371.jpg

SDC14372.jpg

Jump on it! That is a nice Imp. Turn key and ready to go.

it looks pretty sweet. im not too far away, if you need me to run over there - if the seller will let locals look at it... but it looks like a lot of detail pics I don't think they are hiding anything

Give that Imp a good home.......

'67 Imperials are underappreciated gems IMHO, but I'm a little biased as I have drived one for 16 years now. Kinda conservative at first glance, but there's an elegance about these cars that grows on you.

This looks like a real well-kept example, and they look great in silver.

Two things to beware of: 1.) Front end parts are unique to '67-'68 Imperials and can be tough to locate. 2.) Budd brake parts aren't the easiest to come by (better than they used to be though), and are not cheap. They ARE worth it though, as these are terrific brakes. No "grabbing" like power drums of the same era.

Love it! but you probably already knew that. Silver looks great with that black vinyl top. Fine example of my favorite year Imperial, go for it!

Thanks to everyone for your comments (and to saylor for your very generous offer to take a look at the car). My brother will go see the car tomorrow night; I'll share a full report as soon as I get the details.

Back