Thinking about buying this wagon

Jerry Smeltzer

Reaction score
Came across this stash six or seven years ago. Couldn't remember exactly where, I did find it yesterday.
This wagon is sitting here with no motor (was a 360) and ZERO rust. Offered $1,500 for it.
Not sure about finding a donor car for this project, they seem to be getting harder and harder to find.
Obviously a 440 with upgraded suspension and 17 inch rallies from Year One would go nicely.
Some advice and perspective would be appreciated. (I've been under a rock, raising kids and getting divorced. But now I'm in the light and made parole)

20220224_130649.jpg

20220224_130719.jpg

20220224_130247.jpg

20220224_125312.jpg

20220224_130632.jpg

20220224_131411.jpg

20220224_131634.jpg

20220224_131737.jpg

20220224_125908.jpg

Last edited:
Stuff like that breaks my heart, if i ever won the lottery, things would get out of control pretty quick LOL
years ago there was a yard locally, couldn't see it from the road, and you'd never even know it was there, unless you knew it was there
It was a treasure, acre after acre of old cars, newest one was a 71 chevelle
What was left of woodys, limos, hearses, old buses with hemis in them, including a pink imperial and a 59 nomad, all slowly returning to the earth
Haven't been there in 30 years, I hear its all gone now

Are the ‘68 Chargers still there??? :rolleyes:

Probably don't need a donor car. If it just needs a drivetrain
Easier to find drivetrains than cars. Big blocks are easy to find. They are on craigs all the time.

Or pickup a 5.7 cop car and pull the motor and trans. They can be had for $3500. Do a cam and lifter kit and run it.

Nice find, what I can see on the picture! The moldings and sheet metal of the car look pretty good and complete. Missing antenna is easy to fix. Only the toasted dash pad and faded colour, but that's charming IMHO

I agree, drivetrain should be easier to find than some missing molding parts or straight bumpers.

A lot of work for sure, but the car seems worth it!

I think I saw this place on a TV show, that Satellite is a factory big block if I remember correctly. I see there's an old CHP car in the sixth photo.

I'm not far away from you.
I won't even ask about the chargers because even if they were for sale, I cannot afford one anymore.
The 68 wagon I would be interested in if possible.
Good luck on the other one. If you get it, I have a twin bulge hood with 383 emblems available for it.

I think the bulge hood is sharp, and well look good sitting on a wagon.
They could all use a little testosterone thrown their way.

Good luck with your purchase. The main thing is that the old war horse comes back on the road!

I would just about die for a 68-70 Charger...if you know what he wants for one please PM me

This is the honey hole Frieburger & Dolchice (butchered the spelling lol) stopped at on one of their Roadkill Extras.

Back