This is the radio that's going in the NYB

How about now.....

100MEDIA_IMAG00401.jpg

Give me a Radio Shack underdash reverb unit hooked into Spark-o-matic AM/FM mono. That's all you need!

< Sent from my tablet >

I've got a stocker AM/FM unit that I need to send off to be modernized. Hope I didn't wait to long to have it back by Carlisle...better make some calls.

You should have saved the Super Bee instead of the tape player. :)

I bought the Super Bee in 1971 and then traded it in 1973 to buy my brand new 1973 Ralleye Challenger with a 340. You bet I wish I kept both of those beauties!!!

I will make my way over to B and E body area of Carlisle to conduct my annual search for my old Super Bee and Challenger! I'll probably pass out if they ever show up!!! LOL!

Do you know your old cars VIN's

Unfortunately no...........I was a young man back then. I would of had a good head start checking GG's Registry if I would of had the VIN's.

I just hope that I'll be able to recognize the car if I see it. Good chance they could of been painted a different color. I might be lucky to see the nuances I did to them if they weren't fully restored.

Did we ever see original pics of these cars, or didn't you save any ?

It's getting to be a ***** to find Automotive 8 Track Players! Found a cheap 80's aftermarket Cassette player for now, eventually I'll have my AM restored and will find a used 8 Track for under the dash.

Bob I have the same Sony radio in my Truck.

Nick

Stone age technology? Heresy! I have this in my Cutlass, just like it came from the factory:

8track.jpg

I rebuild failed 8-track carts, have a lifetime supply of sensing tape, and can make these things sound great.

I have no idea how to even turn on the Sony head unit shown in the first post, and wonder who designs the controls on these new stereos. Give me 2 knobs, a tone and balance control, and some station presets.

8track.jpg

Stone age technology? Heresy! I have this in my Cutlass, just like it came from the factory:

View attachment 10759

I rebuild failed 8-track carts, have a lifetime supply of sensing tape, and can make these things sound great.

I have no idea how to even turn on the Sony head unit shown in the first post, and wonder who designs the controls on these new stereos. Give me 2 knobs, a tone and balance control, and some station presets.

LOL! Just push the big round knob.

It's getting to be a ***** to find Automotive 8 Track Players! Found a cheap 80's aftermarket Cassette player for now, eventually I'll have my AM restored and will find a used 8 Track for under the dash.

Bob I have the same Sony radio in my Truck.

Nick

Nick, how do you like the Sony?

Did we ever see original pics of these cars, or didn't you save any ?

I can't find any... 20 years moving around the world in the Army and divorced twice. My parents house was cleaned out when they both passed away.

Back