This Past Weekend's Project...Never Again

rexus31

Reaction score
The left quarter window (power) on my '65 300 'vert stopped working. As a result, I bought all new motors (4) from Summit and planned on replacing them all as I used working originals when I restored my car 5 years go. Fortunately, I did not have to remove the regulators to remove the motors. With the windows in the up position, the regulators did not move. Anyway, I had to remove the entire rear interior to get at the motors and trying to clock them so the bolt holes lines up was a royal PITA! The limited space in the interior coupled with 90 degree heat made the job that much more delightful. It took me 6 hours to complete and I woke up sore as hell from the various body contortions to perform the work. Like the title says: NEVER AGAIN! I'm hoping the fronts are easier.

Yes, those rear panels are a pain in the *** once the car has been assembled, aren't they. That is where a four door shines. The fronts should be considerably easier without all the contortions.

LOL!!!
Anyone who has done this type of job knows exactly what you going through! :lol:

Welcome to "what was the license plate of truck that hit me?" club!

My hips are sore just thinking about it.

If the restoration doesn't kill you, the maintenance will.

Yes, Stan, you are correct. I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what could possibly cause one man to shout so many expletives. At one point, I recall thinking to myself, "Isn't this supposed to be a fun hobby? This **** isn't fun."

Ha! Man I've been there and done that on many different cars. Be thankful it was in a big bodied car and not something like a 65 mustang or barracuda. Talk about having to have someone help get you out of the car!

The left quarter window (power) on my '65 300 'vert stopped working. As a result, I bought all new motors (4) from Summit and planned on replacing them all as I used working originals when I restored my car 5 years go. Fortunately, I did not have to remove the regulators to remove the motors. With the windows in the up position, the regulators did not move. Anyway, I had to remove the entire rear interior to get at the motors and trying to clock them so the bolt holes lines up was a royal PITA! The limited space in the interior coupled with 90 degree heat made the job that much more delightful. It took me 6 hours to complete and I woke up sore as hell from the various body contortions to perform the work. Like the title says: NEVER AGAIN! I'm hoping the fronts are easier.

But do they work ?

They do now. Fingers crossed the brand new motors don't fail.

That is good to know. I didn't know one could get new window motors from Summit. I may need to do the same rear window fix on my '66 300 convertible. Front windows work fine.

Back